Xgody truck sat nav

ebay.co.uk/itm/7-8GB-Truck-C … SwwbdWH20j

Anybody got one?

Any good?

Got the phone n have issues, try truck tables or similar,

I’ve got one, don’t bother chap…

I’ve had one since Feb and does my job dead on.
For £36 I wasn’t expecting “all singing all dancing” and hasn’t gone wrong yet!!!

Don’t waste your money, have my old one.
It was great at first, when the old speed limits were in force. When I tried to update it with the “free map updates for life”, it was nigh on impossible to do it. I asked for assistance from their support team and the instructions that I was given didn’t work either. There were a few instances where it wanted to send me over a weak bridge with a 3t limit, even though all the truck’s details had been entered into it.

I saved up for a TomTom 5250 Truck live. Update it every Sunday as it’s really easy to do.

Got one of these - mint - and I bid £45 and got it! :wink:

ebay.co.uk/itm/351536427386? … 1555.l2649

Had one for a couple of years and the only problems I had was the above-mentioned updating issues - they use free, open source type ones but the instructions to update them are not great and you won’t find the brand listed under ‘supported devices’. Having said that, I only came across a couple of instances where new roads totally screwed it. One of the advantages I found was that you could set your own speed limits for each road type - Garmin still haven’t updated theirs since the changes in April, and even then they assume 60 on a motorway, which throws out the time planning. I would still be using the cheapo one if I hadn’t broken the mounting bracket holes so couldn’t attach it easily, and wife bought me a Garmin truck unit as a prezzy - wouldn’t have bought it myself.

I have one similar to this - although with a different Chinese ‘brand’ name. Only problem I had was the centre pin in the suction mount sheared off, but got a stronger mount off Fleabay for a fiver, with a 90mm suction cup that supports the weight better.

Never got me lost, but as with all satnavs you need to keep a level of common sense and don’t just blindly turn into side roads without glancing down them first.