Xgody 886 Sat nav

Hi, has anyone used the xgody 886 7" HGV sat nav? I’m considering buying one off eBay. They’re only £41 so not expecting the likes of a tomtom as such.

i use xgody and they are really good only down side is poor screen in bright light but you can just listen for the few seconds you struggle. the satnav has always done me well taking me down roads and dodging bridges and the such.

Ergot2005:
i use xgody and they are really good only down side is poor screen in bright light but you can just listen for the few seconds you struggle. the satnav has always done me well taking me down roads and dodging bridges and the such.

Thanks for the reply mate. Is yours the 886 model? I believe some of the 700 models do not come with the FTR files meaning it sends you down roads and bridges etc unsuitable for HGV’s

mine is the 718. I’ve never had any problems with bridges under or over

and tbh even if it did try routing me down a road with something ‘‘fun’’ my eye balls would see the warnings.

but 100% i would buy another one, infact after xmas i will be buying myself another in case i’m stuck tramping and it dies. that’s the only thing i’m waiting for… i’ve had mine for 6 months. 4 months of daily use and still its going strong

If ya do the calculations though it would be a good few years before it becomes false economy to keep replacing them… like they say buy cheap buy twice but hey i may be wrong and it may do me for many years in that case happy days/

I would if i had the money buy an expensive tomtom/garmin/truckmat just for the extra bells and whistles it comes with. until then my trusty cginese xgody will do

dunno what the difference is between 886 and 716 though■■?

Did you buy yours off eBay? Here’s the one I’m looking at ebay.co.uk/itm/371720580224

Does yours divert you at low bridges etc? Or do you apply common sense before hand?

Tucker9037:
Did you buy yours off eBay? Here’s the one I’m looking at ebay.co.uk/itm/371720580224

Does yours divert you at low bridges etc? Or do you apply common sense before hand?

Yes mine was off ebay. and yes it does not take me down roads with low bridges

I have changed truck now and again to one that is lower so some bridges i know i can go down i will proceed to go down the road I WANT TO TAKE as i know its a quicker route but has a low bridge. i tell you the thing goes mad if you go anywhere near a low bridge. it’s proper good cannot fault it. Ok so the menu is not as intuitive as one would like But once you know where things are then i can live with that for the 40 pounds paid :sunglasses:

Tucker9037:

Always apply commen sense beforhand…Never rely on a satnav…Its an aid…Mark one eyeballs 1st and formost

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tucker9037:
Hi, has anyone used the xgody 886 7" HGV sat nav? I’m considering buying one off eBay. They’re only £41 so not expecting the likes of a tomtom as such.

I just treated myself to one. A little awkward to set up (you have to enter your vehicle dimensions in yards but there is a built-in measurements converter), the postcode search works fine, graphics are a little dull (spoilt by Samsung’s finest■■?), good sized clear screen, loud enough and (so far) no routing errors! And it cost less than a hard case for a Tom Tom :smiley:

I’d happily reccomend them mate :slight_smile:

Hi Guys

So which one should I buy the 886 or 718, cheers.

Graham798:
Hi Guys

So which one should I buy the 886 or 718, cheers.

886 - it’s the newer version!

Would this still work for my car?

I.e. can I turn off the width/Height restrictions?

Also, whats the battery like? The 12v port in the car is not the best.

Should be fine! You can switch between vehicle profiles easy enough. The makers calim the battery is good for 1hr but I haven’t tested his at all!

Thanks. Have ordered this.

Tucker9037:

They have doubled the RAM yay! still 256 tho

But they are really good truck navs, don’t talk to you much like google maps which I find alot better. It will just say “turn left here” instead of “in 500ft turn right”, “turn right” if you catch my drift

Well Im impressed! Item turned up today (friday) ordered it Wednesday.

Nice big screen, easy enough to use, not the best menu but not the worst by a long shot! Its basically a GPS enabled Tablet, it has a version of windows built into it.

The instruction is kinda understandable. I’m yet to take it out, I’m driving Monday and Tuesday so that will give me a chance to test it as a navigation device, but so far I’m really impressed! :slight_smile:

callmedave:
Well Im impressed! Item turned up today (friday) ordered it Wednesday.

Nice big screen, easy enough to use, not the best menu but not the worst by a long shot! Its basically a GPS enabled Tablet, it has a version of windows built into it.

The instruction is kinda understandable. I’m yet to take it out, I’m driving Monday and Tuesday so that will give me a chance to test it as a navigation device, but so far I’m really impressed! :slight_smile:

Screens not the best in sunlight…Even with the shade.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I now have a Xgody 886 too, fantastic Cheap Sat Nav but I cannot find anywhere to apply height, width & length? HELP!

I have managed to obtain *.ftr files but how do you set the vehicle length & width??

Many thanks :unamused:

Can anyone help PLEASE■■? above question

change vicheile profile in settings.

Chris RM:

Tucker9037:

I just treated myself to one. A little awkward to set up (you have to enter your vehicle dimensions in yards but there is a built-in measurements converter), the postcode search works fine, graphics are a little dull (spoilt by Samsung’s finest■■?), good sized clear screen, loud enough and (so far) no routing errors! And it cost less than a hard case for a Tom Tom :smiley:

I’d happily reccomend them mate :slight_smile:

You can change it easily from yards by simply entering the settings and adjusting to your preferred uom, feet or metres.