XF95 air valve leak

So my next request for help from more experienced DAF men than me!

On the LHS of the gearbox- a 4 over 4 ZF box - there is the range change valve, the splitter valve just below, and just in front and above those 2 is a cylindrical air valve about 1.5" in diameter by 2" tall with a black breather/exhaust cap on top.

I have a small air leak out of the exhaust hole on top. It’s slow and can be plugged with a finger- but small is still not right!

1. What is the valve for?
    2, any way to rebuild it or is it a replacement job?

Cheers!

Dose the pipe go from the valve to the turret ??if so it is the gate protection …new mag valve required …how is the cruise control

does it look like this

hgvdirect.co.uk/catalog/daf- … -2516.html

if so, new valve needed

will say I was asking about the cruise due to another issue the owner had :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
if there isn’t a pto .it will be gate protection…ie when above 20kph I think an air signal is feed to the turret so when in low box you can’t accidently engage 1st or 2nd …the air signal actually prevents you moving the gear lever across the gate .if everything is working ok…

Cruise control is a work in progress… Lol had it on DAVIE for 30 mins and couldn’t figure it out before I needed it back again. Must get it booked back in to be sorted though!

I think Shuttlespanker has it on this one- exact valve as shown in his link. Didn’t realise it was for the range- best get that sorted then!

The link I posted is the mag valve (solenoid) that Norb was referring to :wink:

If it is constantly venting with the gearbox in neutral, then the valve needs replacing

Cheers guys.

Yeah just seeping air out top- but if a seals gone its only going one way! New one on order now [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]