XF105 Superspace

Just got myself a Superspace and wondered if anyone out there can tell me the height of the cab with the roof fairing on? I’ve tried doing it myself but it’s blowing a gale and I couldn’t keep a straight tape so was struggling for an accurate measurement. I’m on a bulker so the back of the fairing is highest point.

Thanks
Matt.

Ive been in one of our trampers wagons today and was wondering the same lol!! 2011 Daf XF Superspace.

The height indicator was set at 14’ 8". We have many differing height trailers though, so it could be that its been set on the previous trailer used.

So really,im not saying anything am I? What a ■■■.

Best to call it 4m. Actually I suppose it depends on the angle of the roof fairing.

bald bloke:
Best to call it 4m. Actually I suppose it depends on the angle of the roof fairing.

Yeah, the air deflectors vary. Our workshop door is 4.2m and it’s surprising how close quite a lot are sometimes so I don’t think you could rely on 4.0m being an upper limit.

I’ve gone into yards and been given the keys to a wagon where the trailer is obviously lower than the cab/deflector. Then when I’ve asked the office what the hight of the cab is as its higher than the trailer, the idiots just tell me to set the hight indicator to the hight of the trailer :unamused:
Why don’t Opperators label up the cab hight on the cab?

Yep agreed. 2 height indicators is the way forward.

xfmatt:
Just got myself a Superspace and wondered if anyone out there can tell me the height of the cab with the roof fairing on? I’ve tried doing it myself but it’s blowing a gale and I couldn’t keep a straight tape so was struggling for an accurate measurement.

You don’t have to measure it all in one go, measure it in sections using lines on the cab as markers, add the measurements up and then the wind isn’t a problem.

xfmatt:
Just got myself a Superspace and wondered if anyone out there can tell me the height of the cab with the roof fairing on? I’ve tried doing it myself but it’s blowing a gale and I couldn’t keep a straight tape so was struggling for an accurate measurement. I’m on a bulker so the back of the fairing is highest point.

Thanks
Matt.

I have a 2011 superspace on 295 80 tyres and I measured it last week as I had to get under a 13, bridge out the back of Cirencester. The deflector is not adjustable and height came out at 12’ 11 1/2’‘. Went under the 13’ bridge OK. Also go through Blackwall tunnel with it with no problems.

Cheers for replies. Nearest I got was 13’10".

xfmatt:

Must have the roof fairing raised a little then surely ?

’ Wind isn’t a problem '.

You haven’t tried the wifes cooking pal.

bald bloke:

xfmatt:

Sorry that was a typo. 13’2" I should have put.
Matt.

xfmatt:

bald bloke:

xfmatt:

Sorry that was a typo. 13’2" I should have put.
Matt.

That’ll be 4m then pretty much bog standard height.

It will be as closes to ■■■■ it 4m you can’t get one thru blackwall

Coffeeholic:

xfmatt:
Just got myself a Superspace and wondered if anyone out there can tell me the height of the cab with the roof fairing on? I’ve tried doing it myself but it’s blowing a gale and I couldn’t keep a straight tape so was struggling for an accurate measurement.

You don’t have to measure it all in one go, measure it in sections using lines on the cab as markers, add the measurements up and then the wind isn’t a problem.

Worked a treat on my Volvo XL as the exhaust is the highest point so i could jump on the cat walk and measure it to the boytom of the shield and then jump down and do the shield to the floor. Still measured 12’8" so as i have a complex about hitting things i put the height indicator at 13’. I still have to be cautious as when carrying crushed cars they always sit higher then the trailer height.

I developed my complex after using someone else’s lorry that said 14’4" and i then hit a petrol station canopy that said 4.5m. :frowning:

I would think that the cab deflector would be exactly 4 metres so your legal in europe

chester1:

Sorry you are wrong. Been through Blackwall with my XF superspace with air kit 3 times this week Northbound.

nyk473l:

chester1:

Sorry you are wrong. Been through Blackwall with my XF superspace with air kit 3 times this week Northbound.

Low profiles ?

chester1:

nyk473l:

chester1:

Low profiles ?

No. on 295 80’s.

i think it is the same height as an XF95 superspace

the metric measurement is 3.92 metres