Xf 105 problems

if im working on a vehicle with insufficent fuel to carry out a roadtest ,customer is informed …Then there is no come back for rectification of faulty workmanship…Though i do think it would be funny to see the owner pick the vehicle up then phone it in because it has run out of fuel lol

u havent been using lothian DAF by any chance? we use them quite alot, and they are useless, they f**ked our davie box after borrowing it, took weeks to get it back to us!!

This may not be helping the OP, but it certainly warrants consideration by ODs. I would make a ball park estimate that 3 hours worth of fuel costs in the region of £80/90; given the consumption quoted by the OP. 30mph av, £1.40 lt. 6.3mpg.

While dealers sometimes have a loaded trailer, this may well be loaded for the kingpin load of a 6x2, thus unsuitable for a 4x2 unit. So who is providing the loaded trailer and the associated costs?

For those on an R&M contract, which must be the case for many, you need to be asking yourself whether this cost is not surely the responsibility of the R&M provider. Check your current contract and make sure you scrutinise any future ones fully. If the nearest dealer is 15 miles away and the test station is a further 30 miles from there, an awful lot of your fuel is being used each year.

20 minutes round the block is obviously what one would fairly expect, but three hours is not.

I know merc had to do a software upgrade on the mp2actros,2007 built models they could melt the top of a piston eventually due to uneven fuel burn. Maybe this helps :question:

Goin back to garage on friday to see what hair brain scheme they come up with this time…
Have driven 1200 miles since sunday mostly on dual and motorways at an average of 42tonnes with a 14ft 9 curtain, I have averaged 6.2mpg (worked out by pen and paper) and had engine warning light on about 100 times but according to Dafs fine technicians there’s nothing wrong :unamused:
Will update friday afo, thanks for replies so far…

It can take 20 mins just to see if the ad blue is operating.and with some of the current tests on NOX faults ,due to the parameters that have to be achived ie finding a hill where you can keep the throttle floored and be doing 1300rpm isn’t easy,people pull in front of you and ruin the test etc and around you go again to have another go …a simple soloution is just to tell the dealerno road tests to be done unless they phone you first…they are just trying to fix your vehicle,the manufacturer has certain tests for certain faults…and before we get in to the slagging the mechanics off ,remember not all drivers are brain surgeons…as a defect of “engine” isn’t much to go on ,then they get mouthy when it isn’t fixed

Hi every one im a fitter on mainly dafs although i do work on volvos and renaults and qith have had the same problem with our 510 i plugged in the texa and it said a nox senser which i replaced then it all came up again and it was the turbo waste gate which i replaced and now it runs like a dream it has been on suger beet for 6 months and run at about 7.8 mpg which in really good. If any body has any problems dont hesatate to get in touch ill help if i can .

I was going to buy a DAF.
I don’t think I shall bother.
Dutch Bedfords :laughing:

haggis hunter:
Goin back to garage on friday to see what hair brain scheme they come up with this time…
Have driven 1200 miles since sunday mostly on dual and motorways at an average of 42tonnes with a 14ft 9 curtain, I have averaged 6.2mpg (worked out by pen and paper) and had engine warning light on about 100 times but according to Dafs fine technicians there’s nothing wrong :unamused:
Will update friday afo, thanks for replies so far…

old I know, but what was the final outcome of this? Did you ever get to the bottom of it? Or did you get shut?

After months of grief I was invited to a small independent dealership who wanted to have a look at it.
Unbelievably without the aid of a computer and ths mechanic actually listening to the owner of the vehicle he went straight to the turbo and found the impeller was jamming against the end of the turbo casing at certain revs.
New turbo on problem solved.
No probs til january of this year, daf been called out 4 times due to wiring being rotten causing all sorts of grief. Thank god for r and m

glad you got it sorted finally but what on earth are DAF playing at?

Enough to put you off that brand for Life.

R&M is a v. wise move, theres too much technology in trucks now not to have it when they get old.

Money well spent I would say.