WTF??

Sorry, I know this is a truck forum and not a coach forum, but thought you might be interested?

Saw one of these today in London. A German coach tour that drags around its own mobile hotel on wheels. It’s different !

What part of London is that?

PaulNowak:
What part of London is that?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

These have been around for years! Just not in our quaint, little, 3rd world backwater. You can often see them on long distance, North African tours, and I can remember seeing something similar in Australia over 20 years ago.

I expect this one’s here to reduce accommodation costs given the absurd prices hotels in this country charge.

It’s on the A13 just near Dagenham !!

No, I didn’t have my camera handy to grab a pic, so just googled the firm and downloaded a photo of the bus and trailer from their website. It was going over Lambeth bridge when I saw it.

Blimey, they’ve bought a new prime-mover. The last one of theirs I saw must have been thirty years old!

that would be a ■■■■■ to reverse with that a frame trailer

stobarttrucker:
that would be a ■■■■■ to reverse with that a frame trailer

Wag n drag drivers manage, if he was driving it sll the time I’m sure he’d learn :slight_smile:

I’ve just seen one on the A27 but it was a rigid. 1/2 coach 1/2 hotel.
I’ve never seen one before, this thread happens, I see one 5 mins from my house. Weird.

Looks like a Spanish graveyard on wheels :smiley:

Looks like a stock trailer to me. :slight_smile:

the wife used to do reception duties on a small camp site in dorset and three german coach campers turned up for a night . 50+ plus kids drank the little shop dry of fizzy things. all well behaved and a pleasure to have them.

The back bit is for “people of cattle class” who can’t offered the hotel fees

Be intrested to see how the trailerotel looks like :confused: Reminded me of them sleeping pods they have in Japan

Speaking of things unusual… I saw a Muslim female coach driver in Thorpe in Norwich today driving a coach from Great Yarmouth wearing a hijab (I think). Nothing wrong with that, just a bit unusual. She was swinging the coach around like an old hand too.

bazza123:
Speaking of things unusual… I saw a Muslim female coach driver in Thorpe in Norwich today driving a coach from Great Yarmouth wearing a hijab (I think). Nothing wrong with that, just a bit unusual. She was swinging the coach around like an old hand too.

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder what the legalities of driving whilst wearing a hijab are? Obviously not one single cop in the country would dare risk the outcry that would inevitably follow by actually stopping someone for it.

I’m not the sort to drive with my curtains drawn, but if I was, and if I was ever pulled for it, I’d be ■■■■ sure to raise the point.

I feel the same about being told to take my helmet off before filling my bike up. How many Sikhs asked to remove turbans before filling up? Not being racist, just want a level attitude to motorcyclists.

Saw one of those in Morocco many years ago: old school Mercedes V8 coach with trailer.

The company did a trip across the Sahara, which was really ■■■■■■■■, involving an old bonneted Maggie-D 6x6 wrecker dragging the whole thing behind it.

I should imagine the passengers had a splendid view of the inside of a large dust-cloud.

The sand-storm experience, even on a calm day.

jayseabea:
I feel the same about being told to take my helmet off before filling my bike up. How many Sikhs asked to remove turbans before filling up? Not being racist, just want a level attitude to motorcyclists.

You can see a Sikh’s face when he’s wearing a turban. And, given that they always wear a turban when they are out, they are more recognisable with one than without.

Never really been that keen on buses/coaches pulling trailers, even those little Ifor box ones they fill with extra luggage. Think it’s an unnecessary accident risk, particularly minibuses doing the towing.

the maoster:

bazza123:

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder what the legalities of driving whilst wearing a hijab are? Obviously not one single cop in the country would dare risk the outcry that would inevitably follow by actually stopping someone for it.

I’m not the sort to drive with my curtains drawn, but if I was, and if I was ever pulled for it, I’d be ■■■■ sure to raise the point.

It wasn’t the full veil with eye slit, more like a nun’s habit really. I think she could still see all mirrors etc.