Wtd

Tried searching but to many pages , does stand down time count as any working time or not? Any answers links gratefully received

Robspils:
Tried searching but to many pages , does stand down time count as any working time or not? Any answers links gratefully received

POA and rests/breaks DON’T count towards working hours for WTD - everything else does. So if by “stand down time” you mean POA (period of availability), then NO it doesn’t count.

No I mean if you work 60 hrs every week then after 26 weeks you have exceeded working time so the company stands you down does the time off count towards working time directive .

Robspils:
No I mean if you work 60 hrs every week then after 26 weeks you have exceeded working time so the company stands you down does the time off count towards working time directive .

No, only actual working time, statutory holidays or time off for sickness or maternity/paternity counts towards the 48 hour average week.

Having said that, if your reference period is 26 weeks what’s the point of stopping you working after the 26 weeks, or is that a misunderstanding :confused:

Robspils:

If not actually working then no

Being paid has no bearing on RTD (WTD) either in case that was a concern

A company can pay a driver 24/7/365 but only driving and other work done counts as working time

Robspils:

just being nosey, but what do you do to work 60 hrs every week? :confused: :confused:

wildfire:

Robspils:

just being nosey, but what do you do to work 60 hrs every week? :confused: :confused:

I was also wondering that … bet he means being on shift instead of working … maybe

Car transporters , being on shift means your working only time not working is breaks

Robspils:

If you were actually working 60 hours per week you would exceed allowable working time LONG before 26 weeks had elapsed!!! You are only allowed to average 48 hours per week over a 26 week period (i.e. a total of 1,248 hours), with a maximum allowable 60 hours in any one given week. Working 60 hours per week you would reach the maximum before the end of your 21st week - not after 26 weeks.

When you’re on holiday or on sick leave you also have to count 48 hours per week (or 8 hours per day) towards your WTD working hours.

I strongly suspect that you’re not actually refering to 60 WORKING hours per week, but a total of 60 hours paid per week - totally different thing altogether.

Like Tacho I don’t understand the reason for being “stood down” by your employer AFTER 26 weeks - it doesn’t make any sense - it’s TOO LATE then! You’re about to start another 26 week reference period so the slate is wiped clean, so to speak. :confused: confused :confused:

Robspils:
Car transporters , being on shift means your working only time not working is breaks

Only recorded driving time and other work time counts as RTD working time so how much of that are you recording each week on average?

Still never heard if anyone being done for being over.

ROG:

wildfire:

Robspils:

I was also wondering that … bet he means being on shift instead of working … maybe

At a guess, on transporters I would think it would be very easy to achieve 60 hrs a week actual work as cars don’t tip themselves!