WTD

Hi All,
I’m new to this site and have spent some time looking around for various answers and have so far managed to get them answered, I do however have one that I hope someone can answer, So last week I went for an interview wth a local feed firm driving 8 wheel blowers, during the interview the transport manager (I take it he was) told me I would be expected to do upwards of 80hrs a week, is this right?? How can that be done but still remain legal?? I thought I had the WTD licked but now I’m not so sure. Any help would be gratefully welcomed, many thanks.

Burley Shassey:
Hi All,
I’m new to this site and have spent some time looking around for various answers and have so far managed to get them answered, I do however have one that I hope someone can answer, So last week I went for an interview wth a local feed firm driving 8 wheel blowers, during the interview the transport manager (I take it he was) told me I would be expected to do upwards of 80hrs a week, is this right?? How can that be done but still remain legal?? I thought I had the WTD licked but now I’m not so sure. Any help would be gratefully welcomed, many thanks.

Lots of waiting time on break or POA would be needed but its possible

Break and POA do not count as working time for RTD (WTD is for non mobile workers)

If they are asking you to oversee the blower when delivering then that’s working so cannot be POA or break - I suspect that might be the case

If you can let the bower do it on its own without having to bother until its empty and relax in the cab or tea room etc then that can be break or POA (if you know how long the wait will be)

Rog is right on this, you would need to use POA whilst you tip. Firms manipulate the drivers into thinking you can tip whilst monitoring the load under discharge, I can say for certain…you can’t. I even had a DCPC trainer tell me on a course that you can, the TM was sat there though, making sure he told the drivers the stuff he wanted to be said.

Someone else can tip it, but NOT you

If you want the job though?

Cheers Gents, Very helpful!