WTD

I came into work monday morning (Autologic, doncaster) and asked my transport manager how many hours i had left as this week was the last in the 26 week period. I was then told about 30 but dont worry if you go over as it doesnt matter. tuesday i recieved a phone call from the transport manager that i now have 45 hours left but still if you go over dont worry about it as it doesnt matter. Whats the point of the WTD when you get told this at the end of it, surely this can not be right.

Welcome to Trucknet-UK nadsquasher :wink:

nadsquasher:
I came into work monday morning (Autologic, doncaster) and asked my transport manager how many hours i had left as this week was the last in the 26 week period. I was then told about 30 but dont worry if you go over as it doesnt matter. tuesday i recieved a phone call from the transport manager that i now have 45 hours left but still if you go over dont worry about it as it doesnt matter. Whats the point of the WTD when you get told this at the end of it, surely this can not be right.

Legally your limited to an average of 48 hours per week but to be honest no-one regulates it so unless the company was investigated for other matters such as tachograph offences you wont get into trouble over it.

Having said that even it it came to light that you were over the 48 hour average over the reference period, it’s unlikely anyone would care about what appears to be just a few hours.