WTD

Does anyone no if theres a set referance period for the wtd 26 week rule or is it just from when you start work with some one ?

thought it was August 28th

so 26 week period starts again on sun 29th thxs

Just from (dodgy) memory, I think that the reference periods are set.
Probably from the start of the year.

So for 17 week periods the ends would be 2st May and 29th August.
For the 26 week period it would be 4rd July.
Because they’ll start those weeks at midnight Sunday, the same as Tacho’ regs fixed weeks.

Your present employer should get your WTD info from your previous employer, so there’s no get out from the WTD rules that way. If you don’t have a previous employer then I’d expect the rules to be phrased in such a way that you effectively start your employment at averaged 40 hour weeks, the same as holidays are counted.

Simon:

Because they’ll start those weeks at midnight Sunday, the same as Tacho’ regs fixed weeks.

Your present employer should get your WTD info from your previous employer, so there’s no get out from the WTD rules that way. If you don’t have a previous employer then I’d expect the rules to be phrased in such a way that you effectively start your employment at averaged 40 hour weeks, the same as holidays are counted.

Holidays are actually counted as 48hrs… :unamused:
A company is free to set its own reference period - there is no set dates they have to abide by.

Conor:

Simon:

Holidays are actually counted as 48hrs… :unamused:
A company is free to set its own reference period - there is no set dates they have to abide by.

Simon:
Just from (dodgy) memory

:unamused: :slight_smile:

A company is free to set it’s own fixed reference periods. They also have the option of a rolling 26 week period.