wtd

Hi all :sunglasses:
My companies ‘so called’ legal expert, is telling me that the ‘6hr’ rule doesn’t apply to mobile workers, Only office staff.
He was questioning wether A break I took was required, thats how the question came about.
Has anyone actually seen this in writing, and if so where :question: Because I think he NEEDS TO SEE IT :unamused:
Many thanks :wink:

Welcome to TruckNet mighty moth :smiley:

Your company’s “legal expert” isn’t such an expert after all then :wink:, you are of course correct that the 6 hour rule applies to mobile workers, and proof of this can be found here

The WTD for mobile workers requires that you should not work for more than 6 hours before having a break of no less than 15 minutes.

The Regulations require that:

• mobile workers must not work more than 6 consecutive hours without taking a break,
  • if your working hours total between 6 and 9 hours, working time should be interrupted by a break or breaks totalling at least 30 minutes,
  • if your working hours total more than 9 hours, working time should be interrupted by a break or breaks totalling at least 45 minutes,
  • breaks should be of at least 15 minutes duration.

Many thanks :sunglasses:
I’ll be sure to point him in this direction :smiley:

You’re welcome :smiley:

Your company’s legal person may be interested in some further reading material regarding “The working Time Directive for Mobile Workers”.

The second link is to the official legislation laid down by the European Parliament, and is printable.

Should keep your company’s legal expert busy for a while :wink:

Department for Transport - Road Transport (Working Time) Guidance

DIRECTIVE 2002/15/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL - of 11 March 2002 - on the organisation of the working time of persons performing mobile road transport activities

Statutory Instrument 2005 No. 639 - The Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005

Believe me, i WILL be passing them on :smiling_imp:
:laughing:

Rant On

As the driver of an LGV, YOU are the boss whilst you’re in charge of it!

If you feel you need a break, then take one. If you feel tired, need the loo, need to stop for a ciggy :wink: then please do so because it’s a basic safety thing. Who do you think will go to prison if you fall asleep and someone loses their life as a consequence? Tell that to the pencil-neck buffoon in the office, then invite him to spend 4 hours+ driving a massive truck!

Not a rant at you Mighty Moth, but a rant at the pillock who questions if you needed a break! Makes me wonder if some of 'em live in the real world!

Rant Off

Shrek:
Not a rant at you Mighty Moth

None taken :wink:

Content removed on the basis that it breaches forum rules on advertising.

K.

bigjay:
A big old advert

Do you run any training courses on how to read and understand the rules of internet forums? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Coffeeholic:

bigjay:
A big old advert

Do you run any training courses on how to read and understand the rules of internet forums? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

DITTO

bigjay check out the training forum

Thanks both for the P.M.'s. ROG, you came a close second to Coffee (dare I say)…again!

:laughing: :laughing:

Krankee:
Thanks both for the P.M.'s. ROG, you came a close second to Coffee (dare I say)…again!

HE CAN TYPE FASTER :wink:

Krankee:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Here you go ROG, CLICKY

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Krankee:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Here you go ROG, CLICKY

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Got sent to…
Welcome to the ‘Always The Bridesmaid…’ website

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OI :exclamation:
Is this A thread hijack :smiling_imp:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mighty moth:

Sorry - assumed your original query had been sorted - very bad form to play sillies whilst the main debate on the thread is still ongoing :blush: :blush: :blush:

ROG:
very bad form to play sillies whilst the main debate on the thread is still ongoing :blush: :blush: :blush:

:open_mouth: It’s also very bad form for you to be out of bed at this time of night.:grimacing:

:laughing: Now; back to bed, or I’ll call the nurse. :laughing:
(Or maybe I’ll tell Mrs ROG :sunglasses: )

TBF though ROG, I thought tachograph had this sorted too. :stuck_out_tongue:

dieseldave:
TBF though ROG, I thought tachograph had this sorted too. :stuck_out_tongue:

This thread was sorted with the very first reply Tachograph gave and no one has, so far, disagreed with the observation the legal expert is at least falling foul of the trade descriptions act and at worst is a blithering idiot. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mighty moth:

The question was asked, and answered in the first few posts. What were you expecting? A range of answers from which you could pick and choose? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We don’t do dissent for the sake of it. :wink: :wink:

Well, most of us don’t.
:unamused: :unamused: