WTD

Can anyone help me please :question: :question: :question:

I was on a P.o.A today for 45mins, does this count towards my 6 hrs work :question: :question: :question: or can it be extended by 45min :question: :question: :question:

Thanking you in anticipation

Tracy

I think it’s 6 hours ‘duty’ which can include POA, Driving and other work. So no i dont think you could extend it.

NLT1:
Can anyone help me please :question: :question: :question:

I was on a P.o.A today for 45mins, does this count towards my 6 hrs work :question: :question: :question: or can it be extended by 45min :question: :question: :question:

Thanking you in anticipation

Tracy

POA does not count as working time, and therefore does not count towards your 6hrs work. So the answer is yes.

POA has the same status as your break period.

I know this because I use a digital tacho and when it’s been on POA for a minimum of 45mins, it resets the driving time back to zero as if you just had a “normal” 45min rest.

Hope this helps.

Q: How are breaks calculated when a driver has also taken a period of availability?
Breaks requirements under working time legislation are triggered by the amount of working time that is performed, rather than the length of shift or attendance time (see example 4 over the page). In addition, there is nothing to prevent a mobile worker taking a break in the middle of a period of availability, as long as they meet all the appropriate requirements for
taking a break.