Wtd

I understand the wtd put not sure where I stand with this one as I know for eu drivers break u can have a 15 followed by a 30 but not the other way round, but say i stop shy of 6 hours and take a 30 min break as I though my shift wasint gonna go over 9 hours but it has would I take a 15 or a 30 as going over 9hrs I need a 45 but but mustn’t go over 6 hrs from when I took my last wtd break

You would need another 15 minute break.

Ignoring driving breaks, if your total working time is more than 9 hours you need a beak/breaks of at-least 45 minutes, the 45 minute break for the WTD can be taken in separate parts of at-least 15 minutes each.

So if you had a 30 minute break at 6 hours and your total working time was going to be over 9 hours you would need another break of 15 minutes before but not at the immediate end of the shift, obviously that 15 minute break would need to be at or before 6 hours working time from the end of the previous break.

WTD break can be taken in 15 minute segments and as long as you comply with the 6 hour rule, and don’t have the breaks at the immediate start or end of the shift, there is no right or wrong way to take them.

It’s only driving breaks that need to be split 15 minutes then 30 minutes.

Try telling our trainer about 6 12 15 hr breaks :unamused: I give up

Ok cheers for that so the wtd breaks can be taken either way just waint sure as I know the eu drivers breaks can be only one way

Horley:
Ok cheers for that so the wtd breaks can be taken either way just waint sure as I know the eu drivers breaks can be only one way

That’s right, for a total working time of over 9 hours you can literally have three 15 minute breaks if you wanted to, or have them in any combination that suits you, but a split driving break must always be 15 first then 30.

Having said that, as driving breaks also count for the WTD a lot of people find that the driving breaks will be all they need to have.