WTD when to start

As I now work for more than one Agency I decided it would be in my best interests to keep a record of hours etc. But where do should I start. I left my last job at the end of August 05 then didn’t work again till the middle of december 05 so I started there, makes sense to me. I’ve done it in Excel and it seems alright, first time I’ve done anything in Excel.
Will start copying my tachos from now on.
I also intend to keep a separate record of what I’ve done for which agency just to cover my back. A bit of a pain to set up but should be easy enough once it’s up and running.
Any other polite suggestions would be appreciated

Set your start date to 1st Jan and use the 26 week reference period, that way you only have 2 periods to worry about in a year.

If the ministry have a problem with it they’ll soon set you right, but making the effort is more likely to get you brownie points with them.

Jules

Boots O’Lead:
Set your start date to 1st Jan and use the 26 week reference period, that way you only have 2 periods to worry about in a year.
Jules

Not strictly true. The dates are set in stone, almost.

Anything beyond 17 weeks requires a ‘workplace agreement’. One of the original drafts quoted “…workplace agreement in accordance with Sec x, Employment Act xxxx…”, but that was removed before I could capture it. After all, an Agency is not a ‘Workplace’, and you could effectively be working on differing days for companies operating different ‘reference periods’.

Boots O’Lead:
If the ministry have a problem with it they’ll soon set you right, but making the effort is more likely to get you brownie points with them.
Jules

Wise advice.

Remember. As I have said before, this is ‘Social Legislation’ not ‘Traffic Law’, and I am sure that VOSA are none too pleased to have had it dropped in their laps. Providing that they can see ‘evidence’ of a system of recording, then I am sure that it will be the least of their priorities.