wtd question

Is it right that if i ask the tm how many hours i have averaged during a reference period, then it is there legalduty to know this? And also how many i would have left to work in the remaining part of any period. i.e. its not just my responsibility to check this.

Thanks people

sidan:
Is it right that if i ask the tm how many hours i have averaged during a reference period, then it is there legalduty to know this? And also how many i would have left to work in the remaining part of any period. i.e. its not just my responsibility to check this.

Thanks people

No it’s not just your responsibly to keep track of your hours, your employer has a duty to keep a record of hours worked by each employee and keep those records for a minimum of 2 years.

This should help
:
6.3 Main requirements for employers

In brief, they must:

• Inform mobile workers of requirements under the Regulations and details of any collective or workforce agreements.
  • Inform employees that they must provide (in writing) an account of the time worked for another employer and keep any records provided.
  • Keep working time records for 2 years after the period covered.
  • Provide (on request), a record of the working time performed by the mobile worker for:
    * the worker concerned, and
    * the enforcement officer.
  • In the event of a dispute, provide documentary evidence for inspectors to enable them to investigate without recourse to a full court hearing.
  • Be able to show they are complying with the Regulations.

try this it might help

roadtransport.com/RoadLegal/ … ained.html

I wouldnt rely on the Roadtransport.com website for reliable info :unamused:

I followed one of their links to the drivers hours regs last week and it lists the regulations that were prior to April 2007 it turned out it was going to an archived page on the DfT website

I emailed the Editor and not so much as a bloody read receipt :unamused:

Thanks for replys, i reckon ive done over 35 hours already this week, with no p.o.a. 9 hour stop again, its making me feel tired at the wheel.

cheers

sidan:
its making me feel tired at the wheel.

Then say “stuff it” and rest as long as you have to so you are not tired.
If the boss complains - TOUGH :exclamation: let him put his complaint in writing along with your reason for resting - He’ll lose if it goes further.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dont worry about who enforces it and how many drivers does anybody know thats had to take time off due to it. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

jessicas dad:
dont worry about who enforces it and how many drivers does anybody know thats had to take time off due to it. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Every 17 weeks at our place there are the same dozen or so faces sat in the canteen on POA. Personally I can’t see the point in it. If the company has allowed these people to help them out by doing the overtime etc so both parties can benefit, then why can’t they just say stay at home for ‘X’ number of days?

Limestone Cowboy:

jessicas dad:

Every 17 weeks at our place there are the same dozen or so faces sat in the canteen on POA. Personally I can’t see the point in it. If the company has allowed these people to help them out by doing the overtime etc so both parties can benefit, then why can’t they just say stay at home for ‘X’ number of days?

They would have to be pretty foolish to sit in the canteen on POA because they have exceeded their hours. There’s no point, neither are they on POA if they are not available to work?