WTD question

Is the 10hours maximum for night workers:
Duty Time
Or
Working Time

It seems such a simple question, but everyone I ask has a different view!
Cheers folks

mkb600:
Is the 10hours maximum for night workers:
Duty Time
Or
Working Time

Cheers folks

plenty poa, fifteen hrs no problem. If you’ve an opt out agreement.

If your gaffer paid £20 an hour then ten hours would be plenty for a nightworker. heman wanted to do marathon 15 hrs though to earn more, as they think their gaffer is doing them a favour by paying them £600 a week. :unamused:

Working time. It was supposed to be DUTY time but screwdrivers/ yellowbellies are like turkeys voting for Xmas. Thanks

In the regulation it says working time and it’s something I’ve always said was unclear as you could be parked up on POA for 5 hrs .
I’ve always taken it as duty and everywhere I’ve worked it’s been duty.

They seem to have changed the wording on the work force agreement to so that it can be done by unions rather than the whole work force whip I feel is wrong as you could have a work force of 100 and only 10 are in the union but the union vote is the one that counts

mkb600:

Youve been a member for 4 years and you think there will be one definitive answer given on here? :laughing:

I’ll give you a definitive answer cause I deal with it every day - it’s working time.

However, should you and your co workers agree this is one rule that can be opt out of with a collective agreement between you, your company and co workers agreement.

However I’m still not sure why such questions get asked on here when all the info any driver needs can be found on the website.

nick2008:
They seem to have changed the wording on the work force agreement to so that it can be done by unions rather than the whole work force whip I feel is wrong as you could have a work force of 100 and only 10 are in the union but the union vote is the one that counts

They haven’t changed the wording. It has always said since the introduction of the WTD that the opt out can be agreed to by the drivers or by drivers representatives aka union or committee if a company has one.

Fatboy slimslow:
heman wanted to do marathon 15 hrs though to earn more, as they think their gaffer is doing them a favour by paying them £600 a week. :unamused:

Working time. It was supposed to be DUTY time but screwdrivers/ yellowbellies are like turkeys voting for Xmas. Thanks

Strong words from a man who, on another thread, is arguing about being allowed to do six 15 hr shifts a week and “been doing it for 30 years”

Conor:

nick2008:

They haven’t changed the wording. It has always said since the introduction of the WTD that the opt out can be agreed to by the drivers or by drivers representatives aka union or committee if a company has one.

But I always understood it was a work force majority not just a select few as I pointed out 100 drivers only 10 in the union but the 10 get the vote

The-Snowman:

Fatboy slimslow:
heman wanted to do marathon 15 hrs though to earn more, as they think their gaffer is doing them a favour by paying them £600 a week. :unamused:

Strong words from a man who, on another thread, is arguing about being allowed to do six 15 hr shifts a week and “been doing it for 30 years”

strong words indeed! :grimacing: for one shop steward ( ex now! ) who wouldn’t be shafted, stuck my neck on the line and fought for 1.5 overtime, double on Saturdays and before treble time ( we could get ) treble time AND a day in lieu for bank holidays! Kelloggs was such a good job. :sunglasses: yellowbellies talked a right good ( 2 and eight ) in the brew room, soon as they went in a meeting three people spoke. Then your branded a ( trouble maker! ) lol. Still do six fifteens a week, and actually it’s nearly thirty years, but we’re not splitting hairs! I’m bald

nick2008:

Conor:

nick2008:

But I always understood it was a work force majority not just a select few as I pointed out 100 drivers only 10 in the union but the 10 get the vote

It can be a workforce agreement or a collective agreement, if it’s accepted that a union negotiates on behalf of the workers they can sign a collective agreement that will be binding on the appropriate workforce group.