WTD question

If I work 6 hours I need to take 30 mins (or 15 plus 15), and if I work 9 hours another 15, so what about if I’m working in excess of 9 hours; driving and other work?

15 mins up to 6 hour
30 mins total up to 9 hours
45 mins 9 hours +

karl67:
15 mins up to 6 hour
45 mins 9 hours +

Thanks, dead easy, it doesn’t say anything about over 9 hours anywhere ive googled.

Theoretically could I start work at 6 am, have a 45 min break at 6.05 am, and then be covered for the WTD, or does it have restrictions on when you take the break?

karl67:
15 mins up to 6 hour

Unless of course you reach 4.5 hrs of driving first then obviously 45 min break required. And as stated 15 min break is all that is required before exceeding 6 hrs.

The only stipulation on WTD breaks is that they cannot be directly at the beginning or end of s shift. But don’t forget driving time breaks (if you drive that long.

Tris:

karl67:
15 mins up to 6 hour
45 mins 9 hours +

Thanks, dead easy, it doesn’t say anything about over 9 hours anywhere ive googled.

Theoretically could I start work at 6 am, have a 45 min break at 6.05 am, and then be covered for the WTD, or does it have restrictions on when you take the break?

Well it would cover you till 12.50 unless you hit 4.5 hrs driving first so not too good an idea really.

Tris:

If you had a full 45min break then you would need another 15min break before exceeding 12.50 pm. as that’s your 6 hour rule.

Beat me to it.

So if I’m working 12hours then 45 mins will do for WTD, and those breaks don’t count towards working time?

It’s a right head [zb]- shunting with an analogue tacho writing everything down, but if I know that 45 mins WTD will cover a 14 hour day if I put it on break for 2 hours when I’m sat about that’s one less thing to worry about.

Tris:
So if I’m working 12hours then 45 mins will do for WTD, and those breaks don’t count towards working time?

It’s a right head f— shunting with an analogue tacho writing everything down, but if I know that 45 mins WTD will cover a 14 hour day if I put it on break for 2 hours when I’m sat about that’s one less thing to worry about.

yes 45 covers 12 hours
no breaks or poa count as working time.

Just remember if you have a 45 early you need another 15 before exceeding 6 hour.

karl67:

Tris:

If you had a full 45min break then you would need another 15min break before exceeding 12.50 pm. as that’s your 6 hour rule.

Beat me to it.

Ok thanks.

An example of what I might do.

Start work 7am

Break 10:30 am - 17 mins

Break 2pm - 32 mins

Finish 7pm

providing my driving time is under 4.5 hours @ 2pm and at finish is that ok?

Tris:
An example of what I might do.

Start work 7am

Break 10:30 am - 17 mins

Break 2pm - 32 mins

Finish 7pm

providing my driving time is under 4.5 hours @ 2pm and at finish is that ok?

Fine.

karl67:
15 mins up to 6 hour
45 mins 9 hours +

Up to 6 hours doesn’t require a break.

Tris:
Thanks, dead easy, it doesn’t say anything about over 9 hours anywhere ive googled

Google GV262. It’s the official document.

Terry T:

Tris:
Thanks, dead easy, it doesn’t say anything about over 9 hours anywhere ive googled

Google GV262. It’s the official document.

It’s not, it’s just a guide to the various regulations in the same way The Highway Code isn’t law but a guide to many laws.

karl67:
No break required for up to 6 hour
45 mins 9 hours +
15-minute minimum break required before exceeding 6 hours of work

FTFY

Thanks Coffeeholic.

I knew what I meant just putting it into words. :wink: