WTD nights including break + POA rules?

Hi, hope some kind soul can help… Started today at 1pm, did other duties on site for 3 hours, took 30 min break, drove 2.5 hours, 30 mins pottering about (finding what to do with trailer, 45 break, and its now 21.05 and been told load may not be ready until 2200.
Problem is I then have 2.5 hour just to get back!
So I’m on POA at minute… How does the 10 hour night limit work in regards to break and POA?

thanks in advance

the 10 hr rule is only if your company has opted out which I doubt very much so as long as you have not used up your 15 hr days you got till 4am fella

PS if you aint going to do any work till that 2200 time shove it back on break unless you get all breaks stopped

nick2008:
PS if you aint going to do any work till that 2200 time shove it back on break unless you get all breaks stopped

Ok cheers for that :slight_smile:
Ps: won’t POA do the same thing in regards to my rest and work time? Just been told around 20 mins anyway so not too bad :slight_smile:

puballday:

nick2008:

Ps: won’t POA do the same thing in regards to my rest and work time? Just been told around 20 mins anyway so not too bad :slight_smile:

yeah but if you get balls’ d up with something like the smash on the m5 this morning you’ll have either a full 4 1/2 hrs or at best only have to have 30mis :wink: if you already got a 15 in since your last break of 45

nick2008:

puballday:

nick2008:

yeah but if you get balls’ d up with something like the smash on the m5 this morning you’ll have either a full 4 1/2 hrs or at best only have to have 30mis :wink: if you already got a 15 in since your last break of 45

Heh good point yeah I’ll put in a 15 now before I go :smiley:

nick2008:
the 10 hr rule is only if your company has opted out which I doubt very much so as long as you have not used up your 15 hr days you got till 4am fella

WTF :confused: :confused: :confused:

The 10 hour night time working limit applies unless there’s an opt out agreement in place not when there’s an opt out agreement in place.

puballday:
Hi, hope some kind soul can help… Started today at 1pm, did other duties on site for 3 hours, took 30 min break, drove 2.5 hours, 30 mins pottering about (finding what to do with trailer, 45 break, and its now 21.05 and been told load may not be ready until 2200.
Problem is I then have 2.5 hour just to get back!
So I’m on POA at minute… How does the 10 hour night limit work in regards to break and POA?

thanks in advance

Unless your company have an opt out agreement in place you are legally limited to 10 hours working time during the period of 24 hours from the start of the shift.

The good news is that breaks and POA are not classed as working time, so as you’re going to be working past midnight you can legally do 10 hours working time plus any break and POA you’ve booked.

The other good news is that no enforcement agency (DVSA) currently enforces the road transport working time regulations so if you go a little over the the 10 houors the worst that will happen is an infringement off your company :wink:

By the way, as you’re using POA don’t forget that a digital tachograph will wrongly count POA as break and reset the driving time on your tachograph after 45 minutes of POA, your driving time will not legally be reset so keep an eye on what driving time you do :wink:

edit:
I’ve just realised that you’ve had a 45 minute break since stopping so ignore what I said about POA resetting the driving time :slight_smile:

tachograph:

nick2008:

WTF :confused: :confused: :confused:

its been a long day and to be fair I think the op knew what I ment :wink: