WTD Monitoring system

Evening all,

I’ve been given a project to do by the boss - we’ve got our 5-yearly review coming up for our O-licence, and as part of it they want to see a robust system for monitoring and controlling WTD hours. We run 15 vehicles, ranging from 2 3.5 ton vans, up to 8 artics. There is a mixture of analogue, digital and no tachos across the fleet, so whatever system is used needs to capture hours for everyone.

If you have a working system for a similar fleet setup, could you possibly give me some pointers - I don’t expect to nick your entire system, but some rough ideas that I can expand on would be helpful. Analysing the info once I’ve got it isn’t too bad, it’s more a process for ensuring that I get the accurate info to start with. Tacho analysis will obviously help, as will timesheets, buut won’t give all the info I need.

Also, I need to come up with procedures for dealing with infringements of the RTD/WTD - again, do you have a disciplinary procedure, an advisory procedure, education…?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary

I use a version of a spreadsheet I found on tinterweb, it give me a running total of my average hours for the reference period and also hours for the weeks month etc, but it my be a bit labour intensive for a fleet your size. However I’d happily send you a copy if you know any ms excel geeks who might make it more useful for you.