WTD infringement but why?

Hey people. Sorry if this has been brought up before but I need a live recent answer. I’d say I’m pretty clued up with regards to WTD and driving time. However, I was notified by work today for a WTD infringement that doesn’t make sense?! What am I missing here?

So it states that I exceeded 6 hours without taking the necessary break from 6:40am to 13:45pm with 25mins break taken. I took that 25 minutes before 6 hours was up and before reaching 9 hours working time only. I know that the 25 mins will only count as a 15 minute break but I thought that you have to have taken 15 minutes before reaching 6 hours and then another 15 minutes before reaching 9 hours? I don’t get it. What have I done wrong? I took another half hour later that day to reset my driving time but I’m baffled. Haha

You definitely took that 25 minutes before the 6 hrs was up did you ■■ Tell us when you finished your shift .

Doobz84:
Hey people. Sorry if this has been brought up before but I need a live recent answer. I’d say I’m pretty clued up with regards to WTD and driving time. However, I was notified by work today for a WTD infringement that doesn’t make sense?! What am I missing here?

So it states that I exceeded 6 hours without taking the necessary break from 6:40am to 13:45pm with 25mins break taken. I took that 25 minutes before 6 hours was up and before reaching 9 hours working time only. I know that the 25 mins will only count as a 15 minute break but I thought that you have to have taken 15 minutes before reaching 6 hours and then another 15 minutes before reaching 9 hours? I don’t get it. What have I done wrong? I took another half hour later that day to reset my driving time but I’m baffled. Haha

If you did over 6 hours of work and only had 25 mins then that is why because you need 30 mins total - can be 2x15s - for that length of working time

There is no 9 hour rule for the second 15

bald bloke:
You definitely took that 25 minutes before the 6 hrs was up did you ■■ Tell us when you finished your shift .

I think so but now am wondering. I always take my first 15 before 12

ROG:

Doobz84:

If you did over 6 hours of work and only had 25 mins then that is why because you need 30 mins total - can be 2x15s - for that length of working time

I thought there was. If working between 6-9 hours you need to take a 30 min break which can be split into two 15 minute breaks as long as you take at least a 15 min before you have exceeded 6 hours working time.

Doobz84:

ROG:

Doobz84:

I thought there was. If working between 6-9 hours you need to take a 30 min break which can be split into two 15 minute breaks as long as you take at least a 15 min before you have exceeded 6 hours working time.

Working between 6 and 9 hours per day requires breaks
totalling 30 minutes. If more that 9 hours is worked then
breaks must total 45 minutes. Breaks must be of at least 15
minutes duration. Break requirements under the Regulations,
are in addition to those under the EU drivers’ hours rules.

Source: gov.uk/government/uploads/s … orkers.pdf

06:40 to 13:45 is 7hrs 5 min so when did you take the 1st break ?

Without knowing when you took the breaks and how long they were it’s not really possible to say why you’ve got an infringement.

Doobz84:
I know that the 25 mins will only count as a 15 minute break

A 25 minute break will count as a 25 minute WTD break not a 15 minutes WTD break, if you’ve done some driving when you take the 25 minute break it will count as the first part of a split driving break but it’s still 25 minutes for the WTD.

nick2008:

I’m sure it was around 10:00am but I’m gonna get a printout to see when I actually did because it just doesn’t make sense otherwise does it?

Doobz84:

nick2008:

I’m sure it was around 10:00am but I’m gonna get a printout to see when I actually did because it just doesn’t make sense otherwise does it?

All I can think of is that you had that break later than you think you did, take a picture of the printout (hide your personal details) and show us.

Did you take another break of at least 15 minutes during that shift?

If you work more than six hours you need a break or breaks totalling at least 30 minutes.
If you work more than nine hours you need a break or breaks totalling at least 45 minutes.

Doobz84:

ROG:

Doobz84:

Correct but many think you must take a second 15 min break before the 9 hour point if the working time is more than 9 hours

Correct but many think you must take a second 15 min break before the 9 hour point if the working time is more than 9 hours

Ok I’m with you. Thanks mate.