wtd holidays

The wtd now states that you are entitled to 5.6 weeks paid holiday. Has this had any affect on the 20 days that are booked at 8 hrs, and any over that to be classed as zero?

we get 20 days booked at 9 hrs, in addition to bank holidays.

When you got 20 days, I know that anything over that ie bank hols could be classed as zero. Now the law has changed and you are entitled to 5.6 weeks hol with pay. This does include bank hols. I was just wondering if this altered the 20 days ruling?

workhardplayhard2:
The wtd now states that you are entitled to 5.6 weeks paid holiday. Has this had any affect on the 20 days that are booked at 8 hrs, and any over that to be classed as zero?

Yes mate,all holidays booked after day 20 are classed as zero hrs for the WTD,we get 33 days holiday a year inc bank hols so the last 13 are zero hrs booked

WTD rules on holidays are strange really, if you book one day as hol this is counted as 8 hours, book fours days & is counted as 4 X 8 = 32
But book five days hol & this is counted as 48 ie the average hours that you are allowed to do per week. at least it used to do unless they have altered it now?
Doesn’ t make bloody sense :exclamation: :exclamation:

thanks for that. I knew it was any over 20 before they changed the min legal requirement.

The WTD states that you are entited to 5.6 weeks PAID holiday.

In the UK we’re entitled to 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year, the WTR states that holidays should be counted as either 8 hours per day if less than a full weeks holiday so if your usual working week is 5 days and you have 4 days holiday it should be counted as 32 hours, 3 days would be counted as 24 hours ec’t.
However if you have a full weeks holiday (5 days if that’s your usual working week) between Monday to Sunday then you should book 48 hours.

Although we in the UK are entitled to 5.6 weeks holiday the EU Working Time Regulations only allow for 4 weeks statutory holiday and this is all that counts for the WTR so for people on a 5 day week it will be 20 days holiday that has to be counted towards the WTR average working time, anything over 4 weeks can be used to reduce the working time over the reference period.

So for most people it means that anything over 20 days will not need to be counted for the Working Time Regulations.

I don’t know if it’s relevant to WTD but it may be worth reading the Statutory Holiday Entitlement regs, particularly the bit, How holiday pay is calculated:

“You are entitled to be paid during your statutory annual leave and contractual annual leave. Your holiday pay will be your normal weekly wage (excluding non-guaranteed overtime). If your pay varies from week to week, your holiday pay should be your average weekly wage over the previous 12 weeks.”

JU/ST ABOUT TO POST THEN I THOUGHT ! NEW YEARS RESOLUTION…SPELLING ?

fuse:
JU/ST ABOUT TO POST THEN I THOUGHT ! NEW YEARS RESOLUTION…SPELLING ?

:laughing: :wink: