WTD & Furlough

Anyone know how being furloughed affects your WTD total? Does it still add 48 hours per week as if you were on holiday pay? Or is it less as not on full pay?

Nothing has been said about that. Personally I’d not be concerned.

Isn’t being furloughed an interim between being made redundant and keeping your job. IMHO, as furlough is not work ( you can’t work for your Prev employer) then WTD does apply as the drive4 is not being employed.

A Furlough is (from Dutch: verlof, “leave of absence”) a temporary leave of employees due to special needs of a company or employer, which may be due to economic conditions at the specific employer or in the economy as a whole.

I’d think it would come under the same heading as POA, you’re not working, but you’re not on rest/break either.

Zac_A:
I’d think it would come under the same heading as POA, you’re not working, but you’re not on rest/break either.

Last working day might show an infringement in that case?
Daily Rest Period overdue by…2,000 plus hours?
Maybe that is how the 80% wages will be financed? DVSA fines.

:smiley: Quite possibly. They’re all just making it up as they go along at the minute.

Your not working, you are being paid not to work, so therefore you have no hours to record.

I’d have thought that it would be recorded in the same way as taking it would when you take you annual holiday to Benidorm etc, ie: a token 8hrs each day.

The manual entry on the 1st day back is gonna be a PITA to do :laughing:

WhiteTruckMan:
Anyone know how being furloughed affects your WTD total? Does it still add 48 hours per week as if you were on holiday pay? Or is it less as not on full pay?

“Any period of annual leave taken by the mobile worker in exercise of entitlement under regulation 13 of the Working Time Regulations 1998”.

Correct me if I’m wrong but while being furloughd it doesn’t count as part of your annual leave entitlement and it’s certainly not sick or maternity/paternity leave, so I don’t see how it can count towards the accumulated working time.

So I would think that each week on furlough does not count as 48 hours working time and will be counted as zero hours working time.

Wheel Nut:
A Furlough is (from Dutch: verlof, “leave of absence”) a temporary leave of employees due to special needs of a company or employer, which may be due to economic conditions at the specific employer or in the economy as a whole.

Is there a thing called “Plouging someone’s furlough” then? :stuck_out_tongue:

tachograph:

WhiteTruckMan:

“Any period of annual leave taken by the mobile worker in exercise of entitlement under regulation 13 of the Working Time Regulations 1998”.

Correct me if I’m wrong but while being furloughd it doesn’t count as part of your annual leave entitlement and it’s certainly not sick or maternity/paternity leave, so I don’t see how it can count towards the accumulated working time.

So I would think that each week on furlough does not count as 48 hours working time and will be counted as zero hours working time.

See I can see it being counted as annual leave for WTD purposes. You can imagine the more unscrupulous employers itching to build that average up once things return to some form of normal.

By the time this debacle is resolved in whatever timescale it takes , most interested parties, (DVLA included) will have more pressing problems to occupy them. Forget it , let the hypothetical take care of itself.