WTD, fixed or Working?

Just a quick question regarding the WTD and reference period

I’m hearing different things. Can you confirm that when working out your reference period, you work it out over the working week or fixed week?

I work sat-wed so I’ve been working it out over my working week

wheelyb:

I’m hearing different things. Can you confirm that when working out your reference period, you work it out over the working week or fixed week?

The working time should average no more than 48 hours per week over the reference period, the week is midnight Sunday to midnight Sunday.

The reference period itself starts at 00:00 on the first Monday of the reference period and generally ends at midnight Sunday 17 or 26 weeks later.

Regulation 4 - The Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005

wheelyb:

Why are you concerned over this issue ?

Because WE the drivers at this company get told it’s our fault if we’re over our average and have to take time off without pay to compensate, ■■■■■ I know.

wheelyb:
Because WE the drivers at this company get told it’s our fault if we’re over our average and have to take time off without pay to compensate, [zb] I know.

Its the company that has the responsibility for keeping a check on the average not the driver because the drivers are not expected to be good at working out the math - the company have the computers and admin staff to do it

The responsibility of the driver is to give the relevant info to the company

The company cannot put the responsibility onto the driver even if they think they can