WTD / EU Regs

Hello guys.

I was hoping you could help me.

I have just started my first job and i think i know the basics about WTD / EU Regs.

Am currently shadowing another driver and there has been some confusion created about hours / breaks.

I was under the impression that when you are taking your breaks that it either needs to be a 45 minute break, or a 15 minute break followed by a 30 minute break, and always in that order, never the other way around.

Yesterday the driver i was shadowing took a 15 minute break followed by another 15 minute break followed by a 30 minute break.

Also do you need to do a printout everyday after a shift of is there no need to bother with printouts at all.

Although am going to be shadowing him for a few weeks yet I’ll be driving tomorrow and i don’t want to be doing anythink wrong.

Also if it helps, for the first 1 and a half hours to 2 hours of the shift is other work getting loaded.

Thanks guys.

Depends why he took 15 + 15 + 30

As long as none of the WTD or driving break rules were broken then it is fine - just an extra 15 min break taken

Yeah can’t see what he done as being a problem…I sometimes take a 30 + 30…Although the 1st 30 shows up as a 15 on the tacho unit…And i only do printouts when i’ve neededto cover my arse as in goung over hours for any reasons

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ok thanks guys.

So no need to worry about 15 + 15 + 30 minute breaks.

Also no need to do printouts ?

Work docs us 1 hour for breaks so drivers take the extra 15 minutes.

Well-Jell:
Ok thanks guys.

So no need to worry about 15 + 15 + 30 minute breaks.

Also no need to do printouts ?

Makes sense. If I’m not getting paid for an hours break I’m going to make sure I’m having an hour!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Well-Jell:

45 minutes is bad enough but 1 hour :astonished: