WTD Enforcement

You should technically put it onto the sandwich box mode showing duty/working when you do things like open and close curtains

Incorrect. Cross Hammers now for driving and other duties, sarnie box for POA and bed as always for rest.
We had to have a days ‘Core training’, and now we’re meant to put tachos in on cross hammers even before doing vehicle checks, and if we’re waiting for a job (if the umpalumpas haven’t said something like ‘it’ll be at least 30 mins before you’ll get one’) its x-hammers or POA if they said how long its going to be.

So for your curtains its x-hammers.

Is there a set time eg 5/10 minutes that you must take every day for daily checks or is it just a matter of how long it takes and thats it?

They will add 30 minutes to the start of, and 30 minutes to the end of, each shift for paperwork etc.
I think this is poppy-■■■■ seeing as we have to already draw a EDR/EWR and SDR/EWR lines on the face of our tacho chart, thus indicating the shift times.
Example, I finish at 22.00 and draw a 22.00 line on the chart and clock out 22.00, but as I understand it, WTD says they will add on 30mins so I’m still working for WTD purposes when I’m on the road home.

I drive exactly the same way as I did prior the introduction of the RTD, except now I take a 45 every 6 hours instead. I keep no records of how much driving time, other working time and POA’s I’ve done, instead simply pulling figures out of thin air to suit.

Every now and again Rob gets right to the heart of the problem and gives the difinitive correct answer.
People, you have (not) just witnessed one of those times. :unamused:

With thanks to Quinny’s Bullying thread :laughing:

Salut, David.

CBR_SI:

Incorrect. Cross Hammers now for driving and other duties, sarnie box for POA and bed as always for rest.
We had to have a days ‘Core training’, and now we’re meant to put tachos in on cross hammers even before doing vehicle checks, and if we’re waiting for a job (if the umpalumpas haven’t said something like ‘it’ll be at least 30 mins before you’ll get one’) its x-hammers or POA if they said how long its going to be.

So for your curtains its x-hammers.

We know thats what the WTD wants you to do, but as tacho laws technically take precedence over the WTD and I or anyone else who just uses the box of bed symbol, won’t actually be braking tacho law, and due to the pathetic nature of the WTD, nobody can really do a thing about it, which is just as well otherwise we’d all be part time book keepers of extensive and complicated drivers hours which isn’t why I’m in the job and it isn’t at all necesarry to the industry and I’d say its a huge burden and will be even more so if its implemented properly, God forbid.

Spardo:
Every now and again Rob gets right to the heart of the problem and gives the difinitive correct answer.
People, you have (not) just witnessed one of those times. :unamused:

With thanks to Quinny’s Bullying thread :laughing:

Salut, David.

:question: W T F

WTD never heard of it, It must’nt of reached manchester yet :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

Rob K:
[
:question: W T F

Whoops! Another typo. It’s WT D Rob :laughing: :laughing:

Salut, David.

sorry if this is covered, can’t be bothered to read all them ^ :wink: just finished me night shift.

the main thing to worry about with WTD in way of infringements, i.e. most likely to get caught on when doing lots of local runs and long waits at sites is the half hour break within every 6 hours bit.
I got pulled up on it with a form to sign, and was worked out using tacho data (I was multi-dropping with me artic round brum).

now what I do as a night trunker is split my 4hr drive out approx 2 hours in, with a half hour break. finish the drive down, tip, take 15 mins to have my 45 under me belt, drive halfway back and take another half hour and bobs yer mothers brother, no WTD or tacho breaches.

the trannie office don’t like it, want me to take 45 when I get there, but no guarantees about the queue down there and I could hold the whole thing up and all it’s costing them is 15 minutes - and having a half hour on the way back is safer since if I’m tired I got the flexibility to have a quick kip. better to get a whole wagon back than a crumpled one.
told emo to knock it off me hours if they want, I don’t care. they don’t complain any more :smiley:

the first 16 period has passed did anyone have to have any time off … no didnt think so

CBR_SI:

You should technically put it onto the sandwich box mode showing duty/working when you do things like open and close curtains

That must be the way your company want you to do it CBR_SI, it isn’t law. You can still use the symbols exactly the same way as before the WTD, using either box or hammers for other work depending on your fancy or company policy.

The use of crossed hammers, box or whatever to keep a record for the WTD is only advisory and you don’t even have to use the tacho to keep the record as long as you are keeping it somehow.

all goes to show how much of an ■■■ the law is :slight_smile:

CBR_SI:
all goes to show how much of an ■■■ the law is :slight_smile:

Without a doubt. :smiley:

WTD is another way of saying use your mode switches thats it .normal services resumes as you were ladies and gentlemen :laughing: