WTD\Driving Time Question

Ok here is the first part of my question, I started at 4am today after a reduced rest, clocked off at 3.20pm, what is the earliest I can start again? Is it really 12.20am after 9hours or do I need to have 11 hours now?

2nd part does anyone know anything about 82 shed at felixstowe? do they operate all night loading? I cant find a number to give them a call.

Dogmatix:
Ok here is the first part of my question, I started at 4am today after a reduced rest, clocked off at 3.20pm, what is the earliest I can start again? Is it really 12.20am after 9hours or do I need to have 11 hours now?

12.20am IF you have a reduced daily rest still available

How many reduced daily rests have you already taken from when you finished your last weekly rest ?

Just the one and that was this morning as I got back to the yard later than intended last night, got back at 6 instead of 5, so I took 10 hours instead of 11, but the book I have only mentions 9 or 11 hours, useful huh.

Dogmatix:
Just the one and that was this morning as I got back to the yard later than intended last night, got back at 6 instead of 5, so I took 10 hours instead of 11, but the book I have only mentions 9 or 11 hours, useful huh.

anything less than 11 is classed as a reduced daily rest - they use 9 as an example because that it the minimum allowed

The maximum amount of reduced daily rests a driver can have is 3 - between weekly rests (not per week)

Can you clarify the last part? Is per week and weekly not the same thing if you generally work monday to friday\saturday?

Dogmatix:
Can you clarify the last part? Is per week and weekly not the same thing if you generally work monday to friday\saturday?

Monday 00.00 - Sunday 23.59 is a week according to the regulations, so in your case you can generally only reduce 3 times.

Ah ok, whats the minimum amount of rest I can take for the weekend then? Assuming I will need to start at about 3am on Monday to get to Wales for 10am :unamused:

Dogmatix:
Ah ok, whats the minimum amount of rest I can take for the weekend then? Assuming I will need to start at about 3am on Monday to get to Wales for 10am :unamused:

If you had a full 45 hour weekly rest last week you can legally reduce the weekly rest period to no less than 24 hours this week.

Remember that you will need to pay back the time that you reduce the weekly rest by though.

Compensation for a reduced weekly rest period should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest was taken.

Dogmatix:

24 hours if you have one available.

In any two consecutive weeks you must have two regular rest periods (45hrs), or; one regular weekly rest period and one reduced weekly rest period of at least 24 hours. However, the reduction shall be compensated by an equivalent period of rest taken en bloc before the end of the third week following the week in question. :wink:

Simples

DRAT DRAT DRAT. beaten by one minute :laughing:

So I have had more than 45 for the last 2 weekends, If I reduce this weekend, does that mean I can just have a 45 for the next 2 and be ok? Or does one of these weekends need to include the time I have reduced by this weekend? ffs why can it not be simple.

It depends on how much you reduce the weekly rest by, if it’s only a few hours you may be able to add it onto a daily rest period.

Compensation for a reduced weekly rest period should be paid back en block by adding it onto any rest period of at least 9 hours.

But you will need to pay it back at some time in the nest 3 weeks.

So generally I take an 11 hour rest, assuming I work an extra 6 hours, these would be made up within a few days?

Sorry I’m not entirely sure what you mean by work an extra 6 hours, presumably you mean reduce the weekly rest by 6 hours ?

Lets say you had a reduced weekly rest period of 39 hours, some time in the next three weeks you would need to pay back 6 hours compensation for the reduced weekly rest of 39 hours.

The compensation would need to be paid back in one lump, so basically if you reduced the weekly rest by 6 hours you would need to have either a daily rest of 15 hours (reduced daily rest plus 6 hours compensation), or a weekly rest of 51 hours (45 + 6 hours compensation).

The compensation for a reduced weekly rest period must be paid back in one lump not split up.

Dogmatix:
So generally I take an 11 hour rest, assuming I work an extra 6 hours, these would be made up within a few days?

Did you mean rest an extra 6 hours?

Any reduction must be compensated en bloc, that means in one go

Ah ok, clear as mud!

Christ almighty. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE NOT KNOW THIS? This is EU Drivers Hours regs 1.01 FFS. It ain’t hard.

And then people wonder why the Drivers CPC was brought in. For those who say we don’t need it, just look at the posts in this thread.

Conor:
Christ almighty. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE NOT KNOW THIS? This is EU Drivers Hours regs 1.01 FFS. It ain’t hard.

And then people wonder why the Drivers CPC was brought in. For those who say we don’t need it, just look at the posts in this thread.

Obviously Conor has learned all the 2006 regulations while swinging from his mothers ■■■, yet he still gets the basics wrong and comes on with threads like this.

The CPC will not do anything for training drivers unless they can read the regulations and absorb them with understanding. especially if the trainer is talking out of his arse.

I fail to see how the Dcpc will help make sure that the drivers attending the courses have actually absorbed the content correctly as there is no testing to determine that !!!

ROG:
I fail to see how the Dcpc will help make sure that the drivers attending the courses have actually absorbed the content correctly as there is no testing to determine that !!!

I fail to see the relevance of your statement Rog.

Firstly a test following a days training when all the info’ is still fresh, is no indication that the info has been actually absorbed.

Secondly we are not trained in drivers hours and tacho rules at all at the moment, as far as I’m aware. We have to pick it up as we go along. Considering that, we do fairly well on the whole. So ANY formal training, providing that the information supplied is correct, will be an improvement.

It isn’t the task of the DCPC to make sure that drivers attending the courses have actually absorbed the content correctly. The DCPC’s task is to prove information, it is up to the adults attending these training sessions to decide whether or not to use that information.

I don’t agree with that Simon

A driver listening to say the rules on the RT(WTD)R might get some of them mixed up in their mind and walk out of that Dcpc course with the wrong idea as they might have confused one rule with another.
What is that driver supposed to do then? - carry on thinking the wrong way about the rules?

Had there been a test then at least the driver would know that they have not grasped those rules correctly and could then ask the trainer for more assistance

A quiz rather than a test could be used to determine this with the trainer offering further assistance (perhaps in private at break time or afterwards) to those that ‘struggle’ with the quiz :bulb:

Any GOOD trainer will not want those on a course to leave without making sure they have assimilated the knowledge correctly but the silly rules of this Dcpc do not factor that in