WTD Breaks on Tacho?

Does everyone log there WTD breaks on there tacho ? I’ve just got a infringement for not taking a 30 min break after 6 hours work to be honest i didnt know you had to put it on your tacho, just take the 30 mins

newboy23:
Does everyone log there WTD breaks on there tacho ? I’ve just got a infringement for not taking a 30 min break after 6 hours work to be honest i didnt know you had to put it on your tacho, just take the 30 mins

Legally you need a 15 minute break for the 6 hour rule, you only need 30 minutes if it’s a company rule.

All breaks should be recorded on the tachograph and that includes WTD breaks.

Cpc is working well!

m_attt:
Cpc is working well!

even worse you don’t need a DCPC to find out any info :unamused:
and the disappointing bit is there’s no compulsory course with a right or wrong way

Got to be a windup?

If you do the initial CPC, it doesn’t seem to ever cover the WTD - I’ve not seen anything on it at least on the module 2 or DVSA books. Since anyone who passed post 97 has to do that, it’s probably very uncovered. Only things I’ve found out about it are on this forum and my current workplace (not transport) completely ignoring it after 2 weeks.

Maybe it’s time that the initial CPC was scrapped and the 35 hours was a requirement. Certainly end up learning an awful lot more that way.

To be honest, I didn’t even realise tachos knew anything about it until I read this thread (unless it was someone checking the readout who spotted it), but obviously VOSA would and could check via the printout.

trevHCS:
If you do the initial CPC, it doesn’t seem to ever cover the WTD - I’ve not seen anything on it at least on the module 2 or DVSA books. Since anyone who passed post 97 has to do that, it’s probably very uncovered. Only things I’ve found out about it are on this forum and my current workplace (not transport) completely ignoring it after 2 weeks.

Maybe it’s time that the initial CPC was scrapped and the 35 hours was a requirement. Certainly end up learning an awful lot more that way.

To be honest, I didn’t even realise tachos knew anything about it until I read this thread (unless it was someone checking the readout who spotted it), but obviously VOSA would and could check via the printout.

All they need to do is to change module 2 theory into a test on all the driver regs = job sorted :smiley:

Aye that might work, but then no one would pass the test and there’d be a driver shortage in a few years…erm, like the one we’ve currently apparently got, sortof. :slight_smile:

Having done the mod 2 and 4, I’d have much preferred now to do the 35 hours maybe with a test at the end of each module for the first time around (maybe skip the test once you’ve got your first set of CPC). Gives more chance of learning the entire rule book rather than a random set.

Of course drivers should have to learn the driver regulations but I don’t get this idea of scrapping everything else you’re supposed to learn for mod 2.

The drivers regulations are important and there probably should be more emphasis on them but they’re not the be-all and end-all of driving large vehicles.

tachograph:
Of course drivers should have to learn the driver regulations but I don’t get this idea of scrapping everything else you’re supposed to learn for mod 2.

The drivers regulations are important and there probably should be more emphasis on them but they’re not the be-all and end-all of driving large vehicles.

Mod 2 is a joke as the basic theory covers most of what is in it so its a wasted test in its current form therefore it would make sense to change it to something more useful