WTD/Agency

How do we agency drivers stand as regards the working time directive, if there is no work for us tomorrow?. Do we book 8 hours as work?. And what about Bank Holidays; is it 8 hours again?. Probably easier if you are in full time employment and your working days are fixed.

My agency has just informed me that each ‘paid holiday day’ counts as 8hrs work. If a full weeks holiday is taken it counts as 48hrs (ie. 8hrs * 6 days).
As I’ve booked next week off and told them I won’t be available for the Saturday at the end of that week, I’ll get 5 days pay with Saturday unpaid - this means I have to count 40hrs (8hrs * 5 days).

If no work is available for any day, you’re not getting paid (it’s not a holiday for which you would get paid) therefore it’s 0hrs for the WTD.

As for bank holidays, I’m unsure how these count but if you’re getting paid for the bank holiday, I assume you add 8hrs for the day. I’ll check up on that.

tortoise:
How do we agency drivers stand as regards the working time directive, if there is no work for us tomorrow?. Do we book 8 hours as work?. And what about Bank Holidays; is it 8 hours again?. Probably easier if you are in full time employment and your working days are fixed.

Personally, if I was doing agency work I’d forget about the WTD altogether. I thought that was the whole idea of agency work :question: . Work when you want for who you want :stuck_out_tongue: .