wtd again

i know i should know thought i had mastered this but if i work a 12 hr day 6hrs 15 mins driving and other work then a 15 min break then have my 45 mins tacho break before i reach 9 hrs total work and 4 1/2 hrs driving. is this ok or should i have taken a 30 min break where i had the first 15 min confused because it states you can split your wtd breaks in to 3 15 mins and i would still of had my 30 min wtd break before 9 hrs and a legal tacho break after 41/2 hrs driving

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

fez:
i know i should know thought i had mastered this but if i work a 12 hr day 6hrs 15 mins driving and other work then a 15 min break then have my 45 mins tacho break before i reach 9 hrs total work and 4 1/2 hrs driving. is this ok or should i have taken a 30 min break where i had the first 15 min confused because it states you can split your wtd breaks in to 3 15 mins and i would still of had my 30 min wtd break before 9 hrs and a legal tacho break after 41/2 hrs driving

did you do 6 hrs and 15 mins before taking a break? - if yes then that is illegal as you should have a 15 min break at the 6 hour point.
did you do over 4.5 DRIVING hours before taking the required 45 min break? - this break can be split into 30 mins FIRST and then 15 mins.

If you put on here exactly what you did then it might help…
example -
start shift
1 hour other work
2 hours driving
3 hours other work - now at max 6 hour WTD point so…
15 min break for WTD but this can be used as the first driving hours break
1 hour driving
2 hours other work - now got to 9 hour WTD point so…
15 min break for WTD but this cannot be used as the second driving hours break AS THE SECOND BREAK MUST BE 30 MINS - it could be used as the first driving hours break though
1.5 hours driving - now need to take 30 min break if intend to do more driving but no need if this happens…
1 hour other work
end shift - 12 hour shift done but only 2 x 15 min breaks taken

I’m sure this is legal but an expert will be along soon…

PS - this post editted as I messed up - see 2 posts below :blush: :blush:

ROG:
did you do over 4.5 DRIVING hours before taking the required 45 min break? - this break can be split into 30 mins FIRST and then 15 mins.

no it cant…

you can split your break in to a 15 and 30 minutes break but the last break must be at least 30 minutes. and your 15 minutes for the wtd can be used as part of your driving break, as long as the next break is 30 miutes (if you have done 4.5 hours driving!)

i’m pretty sure thats right but i guess dieseldave or tacho or coffeeholic will let us know!

rog, when will you get your head round these things■■? :laughing: :laughing:

fez if you break it down like rog said we might have a guess if you are legal or not!

Giblsa:

ROG:

no it cant…

you can split your break in to a 15 and 30 minutes break but the last break must be at least 30 minutes.

rog, when will you get your head round these things■■? :laughing: :laughing:

fez if you break it down like rog said we might have a guess if you are legal or not!

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: SORRY NUMPTY MOMENT the 30 should come last - DOH

I’m waiting for the GUNSIGHT :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

not worried about the driving time and break just the working time break i had a 15 minute break at 6 hrs 15 minute total work time then i had a 45 minute break[my tacho break] before i had reached 9 hrs total work time and was told i had broken the wtd as i should of had a 30 minute break at 6 hrs and i thought that as long as i had taken a 30 minute break before 9 hrs that was

2 hrs drive
4 hrs 15 other work
15 minute break [working time break]
2 hrs drive
45 minute tacho break [includeing my second 15 minute wtd break]
3 hrs 45 mins drive
12 hrs total not counting breaks

not very good at explaining this but was told by my transport office that after 6 hrs 15 mins i should of had my 30 mins wtd break

I think it was a 15 min break at 6 hours that you should have had not a 30 min - I thought it was 30 mins but the way it is worded it is only 15 mins - coffeeholic pointed this out to me as I was convinced it was 30 mins :blush: :blush:

Ah… Found it

Long time ago…

But here we go, The masters voice (ie “coffeeholic”)

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

Postin 9 in tread

fez:
… was told i had broken the wtd

You did, you exceeded 6 hours work without a break. I don’t see what the confusion is? You can’t work more than 6 hours without a WTD break and you did, end of story.

fez:
as i should of had a 30 minute break at 6 hrs

No, as has been said you are only required to have a 15 minute break at the 6 hour point.

You are aware that the 15 minutes you took at 6 hours 15 minutes work could have also counted toward your tacho break. You could have taken 30 minutes instead of 45 after the second 2 hour drive, if that would have suited you better because you wanted to get back quicker for instance.

fez:
not very good at explaining this but was told by my transport office that after 6 hrs 15 mins i should of had my 30 mins wtd break

No you have explained it very well, your explanation has clearly indicated the people in your transport office talk out of their arse. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

thanks for your imput guys must rember to take 15 at 6 hrs infuture not over as most days reach 6 hrs before my 4 1/2 is up :blush:

fez:
thanks for your imput guys must rember to take 15 at 6 hrs infuture not over as most days reach 6 hrs before my 4 1/2 is up :blush:

At or before 6 hours worked.

Be careful about your timing though, to ensure you don’t exceed 6 hours work between breaks.

A break which satisfies Tacho reg’s also satisfies WTD reg’s, as long as you don’t work for longer than 6 hours between breaks.
The WTD reg’s, as applied to us, were written the way they are (3 x 15 minutes), to suit the (old) tacho reg’s.
Then someone moved the goal posts, by changing the tacho reg’s to a 15 and a 30 :unamused: .