WTD 6hrs

Sorry if this has been done but I keep getting told different, if I start work at 6am and take a 45min break at 11.30am, this then meens my break finishes at 12.15pm and wtd is covered, and new driving period starts. Do i then have to have another 30min break to cover the 6hr WTD rule when my working time gets to 6.15pm even if I still have driving time left. Confused??

Scouse67:
Sorry if this has been done but I keep getting told different, if I start work at 6am and take a 45min break at 11.30am, this then meens my break finishes at 12.15pm and wtd is covered, and new driving period starts. Do i then have to have another 30min break to cover the 6hr WTD rule when my working time gets to 6.15pm even if I still have driving time left. Confused??

Yes you need a break of 15 mins at that point. (Assuming your driving time is ok)

Thanks for reply, I thought I would but new transport manager insisting i dont.

The rule is - no mobile worker shall work (driving + other work combined) more than 6 hours without a break

The other rule is - breaks must be at least 15 mins

This is available on the internet and a TM should really know this !!

Thanks Rog, he seems to think the WTD only happens once, and i assume it happens every 6hrs from the end of the break period shown.

Scouse67:
Thanks Rog, he seems to think the WTD only happens once, and i assume it happens every 6hrs from the end of the break period shown.

Correct

It is usually the back part of the shift where drivers get a company infringement for non compliance

I do not know of any case since this started many years ago where a driver has got an official infringement for non compliance - the VOSA sanctions list does not have anything listed for such

Thanks all for the replies