WTD 1 weeks holiday due [resolved]

I’m on holiday for a week next week, do i put 40 or 48hrs in on my timesheet for WTD?

thanks

bbez:
I’m on holiday for a week next week, do i put 40 or 48hrs in on my timesheet for WTD?

thanks

If it’s part of the statutory holiday entitlement then it will normally count as 48 hours for the WTD average 48 hour week.

tnx for that, tachograph

How many hours do you get paid on holiday? If its 40 then put 40, if its 48 put 48

Semtex:
How many hours do you get paid on holiday? If its 40 then put 40, if its 48 put 48

surely that theorys not right or id be putting 55 hrs or is it correct :confused: :question:

ady1:

Semtex:

surely that theorys not right or id be putting 55 hrs or is it correct :confused: :question:

No it’s not correct, for a full week you should book 48 hours, for odd days you should book 8 hours per day.

The idea is that the 48 hours for a full week will neutralise the average so that you don’t reduce the average by having a statutory holiday.

Section 3.5 Calculating the average when leave is taken
:
You cannot use the four weeks statutory annual leave provided by regulation 13 of the 1998 Regulations - sick leave, maternity, paternity, adoption or parental leave in order to reduce the average working time performed during the reference period.

Annual leave

When using a fixed reference period to calculate average weekly working time “notional” working time figures must be recorded when any of the four weeks statutory leave provided by regulation 13 of the 1998 Regulations is taken. This is to ensure that such leave is ‘neutral’ for the purpose of calculating weekly working time. These notional figures are 48 hours per week and 8 hours per day.

The four weeks statutory holiday referred to in the quote should surely now read 4.8 weeks statutory holiday, someone hasn’t kept the records up-to date :wink:

dont know why,but we book 40 per week when off ie 8 hours aday.it was ok"d by union etc??.

buck73:
dont know why,but we book 40 per week when off ie 8 hours aday.it was ok"d by union etc??.

Would that be for the purpose of PAY and not the WTD :question: - 2 seperate issues

to be honest rog,im not sure.it"s just that we are told when we book a weeks holiday,to write on your daily hours 8 per day x5 =40hours.
it"s beyond me!!.