WS transportation any info

WS transportation anybody any info cheers

Stobarts Son. Got contract to do structural steel for Severfield Rowan from Dalton Nr. Thirsk.

And out of wards at sherburn

I thought WS was william stobart? Not just doing steel for sever,s though , i see them pulling tesco trailers quite regular

stevieboy308:

Wards which now belongs to Severfield

lots of running round empty from what I’ve seen

chaversdad:

stevieboy308:

Wards which now belongs to Severfield

every day’s a school day :laughing: :laughing:

Have they took a lot off Pottos work off them?

a fair bit

I think they look better than his dad’s green army.

Also got the contract for Scania trucks deliveries in the UK now too. To be honest, speak with their drivers, they seem to be aside from the Stobart bubble. No Isotraks etc, all work is via text message and the lads I’ve spoke to haven’t a bad word to say about them. Personally though, I think it will only be a matter of time before the Stobart mould sets in. One or 2 of the planners from Stobart biomass at Chelford have apparently crossed over.

Absolutely baffles me no matter what the status in the family of who owns it (apparently it’s Ed Stobarts baby as a present from his dad William), that if you have (now once again) a privately owned company why you would set up another one unless the original one was not what you wanted it to be. After working on Stobarts for 8 months, I have to say that I will be amazed if in 5 or 10 years Stobarts is still running as the company it is today, I don’t mean it will fold or anything, but there needs to be some mighty big thinking and a lot of changes !

Just for the saddo’s (and I sound like one for noticing this and pointing this out on here now !) … the 3 L.E.D. lights that Stobart has between the headlights of every truck to make them identifiable in darkness are on the top on the visor between the top marker lights on WS trucks… I have noticed Malcolms also have them in the same place too but some of them are now orange !!! Oh dear… I need to go to bed :unamused:

Kerbdog:
Just for the saddo’s (and I sound like one for noticing this and pointing this out on here now !) … the 3 L.E.D. lights that Stobart has between the headlights of every truck to make them identifiable in darkness are on the top on the visor between the top marker lights on WS trucks… I have noticed Malcolms also have them in the same place too but some of them are now orange !!! Oh dear… I need to go to bed :unamused:

I thought those little lights were something to do with a Newpaper strike yonks ago.

Who knows !!! I just noticed the difference in positioning haha

A photo of a new scania came up in my flickr earlier on.

flic.kr/p/xy9dtp

Never heard of the company who’s name was on it. So I googled it and it appears that it’s a company with relations to WS Transportation.

Select plant transport side now called explore transport in partnership with WS ,looks like any select work now goes through WS .

damoq:

flic.kr/p/xy9dtp

Never heard of the company who’s name was on it. So I googled it and it appears that it’s a company with relations to WS Transportation.

It’s a 50/50 agreement between Laing o’ Rourke and WS Transportation we all have been Tuped over to Explore Transport from Select this is the new truck colors and logo for us .

Greggo:

damoq:

flic.kr/p/xy9dtp

It’s a 50/50 agreement between Laing o’ Rourke and WS Transportation we all have been Tuped over to Explore Transport from Select this is the new truck colors and logo for us .

Thanks greggo. Thought it was another new venture/tax dodge from the stobart empire.[emoji12] You wouldn’t happen to know where they run from in uddingston? Says on their website they have a yard there but I can’t remember seeing lang O’Rourke, select plant or WS yard in the area.

Know what u mean about the tax fiddle though WS is ran as a total independent company to Stobarts .They run out of Bison manufacturing at Uddsington I’m not sure how many trucks they have based there ? As I’ve never been up there yet as rarely go north But I think they are still using various sub contractors up there to do the work still .

Greggo:
Know what u mean about the tax fiddle though WS is ran as a total independent company to Stobarts .They run out of Bison manufacturing at Uddsington I’m not sure how many trucks they have based there ? As I’ve never been up there yet as rarely go north But I think they are still using various sub contractors up there to do the work still .

That’s just around the corner from where I work just now. Pass it every day and do the odd drop into them now and again and never noticed their trucks before. Need my eyes tested I reckon.[emoji3] The subbie that does alot of work out of there just now it Tennent Transport of Forth. They have quite a few trucks run out of there.