Wrong manual for unit - Stoneridge?

We have brought a new 2nd hand tuck - it has a Stoneridge tacho in (great!!!) the book i have been given does not seam to be the right one for the unit

I put the card in… it goes busy processing…comes up with my name, gives me last card withdrawl and then it says perform manual entries y or n -

the book I have tells me it should… put card in, go busy processsing, come up with my name and then go to cont working day y or n (well a tick or a x) then the last withdrawl time .

Can anyone help me - or is the tacho broke - i phoned the bloke we had it off and he said “yes we never worked it out !” great

Jenson Button:
We have brought a new 2nd hand tuck - it has a Stoneridge tacho in (great!!!) the book i have been given does not seam to be the right one for the unit

I put the card in… it goes busy processing…comes up with my name, gives me last card withdrawl and then it says perform manual entries y or n -

the book I have tells me it should… put card in, go busy processsing, come up with my name and then go to cont working day y or n (well a tick or a x) then the last withdrawl time .

Can anyone help me - or is the tacho broke - i phoned the bloke we had it off and he said “yes we never worked it out !” great

You have to answer the questions by pressing y or n.

You don’t mention what model it is but Stoneridge manuals are available for download.

Here is one of them.

digital-tachograph.com/files … Manual.pdf

Cheers Wheelnut - i dont know which modle it is - i will see when it comes into the yard tonight - and yes i know i needed to enter either a y or a n - but thanks for that - i just wanted to get the right manual to put in the cab with it - and was trying to work out which manual i needed - i have looked at a few so far and none of them go in this order -

but cheers

Jenson Button:

When you get to the “perform manual entries” and tick or cross choose the tick if you have something to enter. (if you choose cross it’ll ask for country and log you straight in)

Next screen should then be “Continue working day” tick or cross. Choose tick if you are adding onto an existing current shift, choose cross if you aren’t. Then it’ll give you last withdrawel time and start manual entry 1 (M1 on the right hand side of the screen). Trouble with the stoneridge is the manual entry process is very long winded and involves pressing the enter button about 30 times for an average manual entry.

Of course if you have nothing needs entering - stick the card in and just wait - it’ll carry on without you after a minute of waiting and just log you in.

The manual just has one bit missing by the sound of thing. Once you choose ‘tick’ for perform manual entry, after that it should be the same as the book.

I could certainly take you through it in the cab. or try this http://www.fomento.gob.es/transportes/simulador/ing/simulador_adsl.html