Written agreement

Hi
Small firm asking for 45 days end of month payment term to deliver their goods once off.
Is there any template I can use to draft short agreement for the job.
Anyone had similar issues before?
Thanks

Unfortunately this is becoming a all to common problem with customers trying to push their luck in order to shore up their own cash flow. 45 days end of month (76 days potentially) simply isn’t feasible for most businesses with fuel payable weekly, etc.

1. My payment terms (30 days) are in bold letters on my quotes and invoices.
  2. Immediately the payment term is reached, a phone call is made and a polite written reminder is sent.
  3. If there is still no payment after 14 days, another phone call is made and a final written warning is sent.
  4. If there is sill no payment after a further 14 days, a claim is issued through money claim online.

Its seems to be the bigger firms who want to hang on to there money, i sub for Norberts and they are 45 days month end but the rates are good (on the job i.m on) so for me its a catch 22 situation, poorer rates paid quicker or better money that you have to wait a bit longer for

whelmic:
If there is sill no payment after a further 14 days, a claim is issued through money claim online.

Money claim online, good for England and Wales addresses only.
I think having some sort of agreement showing money figure and collection/delivery addresses gives better chance at money claims. Am I wrong?

msp:

whelmic:
I think having some sort of agreement showing money figure and collection/delivery addresses gives better chance at money claims. Am I wrong?

A email trail showing the order being placed together with a signed delivery note is all that is required. I have issued a few claims through Money Claim Online and they have always been settled without a problem.

Hi chaversdad, is norberts pretty much on a daily basis, I’m looking to getting contacts for subbing to big firms, I like Harry monks set up, works as much as he likes, own work when he likes, is that similar to yours? Does it work that your sole contact gives you work only from your local norberts? Or can he give you national runs? Or would you have to set up haulier accounts with several norberts depots? Thanks in advance.

Mattwoodtransport:
Hi chaversdad, is norberts pretty much on a daily basis, I’m looking to getting contacts for subbing to big firms, I like Harry monks set up, works as much as he likes, own work when he likes, is that similar to yours? Does it work that your sole contact gives you work only from your local norberts? Or can he give you national runs? Or would you have to set up haulier accounts with several norberts depots? Thanks in advance.

Norberts are a very strange firm to work for, i work on the Tata steel contract but i cant work on the curtainsider side of things as i,m not registered with the offices that do that work, All of the Tata work is planned from Scunthorpe for every site in the country, its not something you can take or leave either as i have to commit to them full time, the only other work i do is on a back load basis but i try and run from Tata only sites as there are no backload rates , seeing as i,m a dedicated haulier i get the outgoing rate from whichever site i work from, that may all sound to good to be true but i have a lot of outlay to do the work i do for them, £21k for an extendable trailer for example, then theres chains, tighteners, straps, markers,light etc, Some people dont like all there eggs in one basket but i find it suits me

We have a few 90 day payers but we know this and we charge accordingly ,and we keep the jobs as others can’t do it as they’re running on a shoe string and can’t wait that long so we get to keep the business even though there’s cheaper haulage avalible ,I know it’s not a cash flow problem with the customers just company policy as I’ve mentioned before our eggs are in many baskets so there is always money coming in every day .