Writing on analogue tacho

Hello,

Just registered and no doubt will be using this site to ask questions in the future!

Occasionally during my working day, when I will unload (tacho on other work) or even afterwards when filling out paperwork I will stop for a cuppa, biscuit and chat away from the vehicle. This may be up to 15 minutes.

Am I ok to write ‘break and the time’ on the back of the paper disc for the time I stopped for this?

Obviously I couldn’t put it on break before as im not sure if I will be offered a drink when I leave the vehicle!

Thanks in advance.

twofootbob:
This may be up to 15 minutes.

What, as in 14 minutes 59 seconds?

twofootbob:
Hello,

Just registered and no doubt will be using this site to ask questions in the future!

Occasionally during my working day, when I will unload (tacho on other work) or even afterwards when filling out paperwork I will stop for a cuppa, biscuit and chat away from the vehicle. This may be up to 15 minutes.

Am I ok to write ‘break and the time’ on the back of the paper disc for the time I stopped for this?

Obviously I couldn’t put it on break before as im not sure if I will be offered a drink when I leave the vehicle!

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Trucknet-UK :wink:

Are you saying you cannot get back to the vehicle to change the tachograph mode when you have a break ?

If that’s the case I suppose you would be al-right to write an explanation on the back of the chart occasionally, but it’s not something I’d make a regular habit of.

The correct mode must be selected.If stopped by Vosa they can work out what you have been doing.Tacho fraud is a serious offence and can lead to a prison sentence and heavy fine.Or loss of licence.
There is a paper trail left and cctv used as evidence to where you were.
Delivery notes with times on.Cctv in fuel stations to work out activity.

BIG QUESTION …
Are you using a digicard or analogue card ?

I know what the question said but I am thinking that MAYBE he is referring to filling in the missing bits on analogue when actually on digi

Hi, this is on the old analogue tacho (paper disc)

Example.

Ive tipped and walk off to fill the paperwork, as i get chatting i have a cuppa and biscuit.

Or

if im collecting i leave the vehicle to speak to the customer/dept ive arrived at and get offered a drink while im waiting for my turn.

When this happens can i write on the back of the disc? Vosa can tell the vehicle was stationary and not moving.

twofootbob:
Example.

Ive tipped and walk off to fill the paperwork, as i get chatting i have a cuppa and biscuit.

Or

if im collecting i leave the vehicle to speak to the customer/dept ive arrived at and get offered a drink while im waiting for my turn.

When this happens can i write on the back of the disc? Vosa can tell the vehicle was stationary and not moving.

Well, no not really you can’t, VOSA can tell the vehicle hasn’t moved but they can’t tell whether or not you’ve been working and manually recording break.

On the odd occasion it may be OK but on a regular basis I would say no, you’re within walking distance of the vehicle so why not walk back and change the tachograph mode to break.

It’s your responsibility to use the mode switch to accurately record your days activities, the odd occasion you’ll most likely get away with it but more than the rare occasion and you could have problems if you get stopped.

I understand what you’re getting at drive. If you get offered a brew you’re worried that if you say I need to pop back to change my tacho then they’ll not offer again or similar.

I tend to just say aonething like. Yep just need to grab something from the lorry. Change the mode and grab a kit Kay or similar. Offer the bloke one and all a sudden you’re a good chap :slight_smile: