moomooland:

WTF! Is that a D series under there?

Never seen anything like it in my life.

euromat:
and these, both at henham steam rally

Thanks for the pics young fella enjoyed them .regards RAY

[/url]

20130826-IMG_3904 by Racing-Report.com, on Flickr

Any more pictures of Perry of Gobowen? I remember when I was a kid passing the yard every Friday night on the way back to my Nans in St Martins. Are they still going?

oxo3:

Spotted these on my way home from Dewsbury and got permission from the owner Clive to take some photos.He and his Dad have owned the Diamond T for about 35yrs now he told me

Just pulled in Lymm truckstop to check I still had a lorry on the spec lift, I had to recover this on Saturday afternoon from J36 M6 back to Rugeley, My 19 year old daughter came with me for a “jolly out” when she took the picture she said she would quite like to drive something like this DAF one day, I suppose you cant fault her for having ambition!

1970commer:
Just pulled in Lymm truckstop to check I still had a lorry on the spec lift, I had to recover this on Saturday afternoon from J36 M6 back to Rugeley, My 19 year old daughter came with me for a “jolly out” when she took the picture she said she would quite like to drive something like this DAF one day, I suppose you cant fault her for having ambition!

Your 19 year old daughter looks a bit “manly” :frowning:

m1cks:

1970commer:

Your 19 year old daughter looks a bit “manly” :frowning:

the only thing she got to drive that day was the camera

Wednesfield collecting a broken dustbin truck.

Buy one get one free??

Time to put the bins out, stinking horrible lorry to lie underneath, the red one that is, oh the joys of towing bin lorries.

They used to let me loose with this

image002.jpgGood Day All
I posted these 2 old photos on the British Road Services site to see if any of the older men remembered them but as yet no response and then I found this site and thought they deserve a place on here with all the big flash jiggers as they did numerous recoveries in the early days of the M1 from Luton to Watford Gap and surrounding area.
They were based at the British Road Service Repair Centre at Irthlingborough Northants.

image001 copy.jpg

Todays offering, a 63 reg Arriva bus which had rear ended something, not sure what but apparently the driver said “the brakes failed” anyway we hooked it up and away we go.

Blast from the past