Wow Truck remaping and chip tuning

Has anybody had any dealings with this company, and or remapping? Is it worth doing.?

Friend of mine is looking into having his euro 4 Actros done, nothing silly BHP wise, just wants to try and improve the fuel figures, these guys seem to think they have the answer!

Any info will be appreciated.

My 1846 was moved up to 520.They offered 545 but i thought less is best. Torque is now 2400nm,same as 510 v8 :smiley: . MPG was 8 before and is still 8. To be honest i don’t see a massive difference on hill’s as the truck could pull ok but it goes better at lower rpm for sure or when i pull silly weight 45 ton + that’s when the extra hp is obvious.
I would’nt pay big money to get it done thou,i agreed a deal when the truck came new so didn’t cost me anything.

the OP in this thread seems to come highly recommended and sounds like he knows a lot about the subject :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41238

:blush:

globby 480:
john and ady know what they are doing mate no bull or fancy wrapping you get straight talk and what is what what is what you need, try them, they have chipped 2 of mine and also a few who i have put in touch and they are more then happy with their work etc,daz

My mate has just had his 430 SSC done by these guys and is over the moon with it,the motor is pulling like a train and he’s saving over £200 a week on fuel.

:neutral_face:

Hi Darran, Denis F,

Just to say that the original thread that I started, has become confused with this thread, “WOW truck tuning and Remapping”.

We, John and Ady, have no connection with this new company “WOW”, sorry if there has been any confusion.

Best Regards

John.

ellies dad:
My 1846 was moved up to 520.They offered 545 but i thought less is best. Torque is now 2400nm,same as 510 v8 :smiley: . MPG was 8 before and is still 8. To be honest i don’t see a massive difference on hill’s as the truck could pull ok but it goes better at lower rpm for sure or when i pull silly weight 45 ton + that’s when the extra hp is obvious.
I would’nt pay big money to get it done thou,i agreed a deal when the truck came new so didn’t cost me anything.

ed,poss you can pm me details of your tuner?? you know i got this 2550 v8,and to be honest not that impressed at mo,well so much so the bloody 480 magnum out pulls it fully freighted of course,thanks andy.

Truck Tuner:
Hi Darran, Denis F,

Just to say that the original thread that I started, has become confused with this thread, “WOW truck tuning and Remapping”.

We, John and Ady, have no connection with this new company “WOW”, sorry if there has been any confusion.

Best Regards

John.

I realise that John :wink: however when the OP asked

and or remapping?

I thought of you :wink:

www.turbochip.com

He’s in Cavan,Ireland,surely you can find someone closer to home!

ellies dad:
http://www.turbochip.com

He’s in Cavan,Ireland,surely you can find someone closer to home!

i read something on here a month or so ago regarding chipping/tuning actros’e,and was said “it could not yet be done”,you can only check/reset valve clearances etc???unless it’s just the v8 models maybe.thanks andy.

No Andy,the guy advertising on here could’nt chip a Merc yet! he could only do the valve clearance’s.
These guys are dear but guarantee there work. :slight_smile:

ellies dad:
No Andy,the guy advertising on here could’nt chip a Merc yet! he could only do the valve clearance’s.
These guys are dear but guarantee there work. :slight_smile:

okey dokey ed gotcha now-thanks andy.

Hi to all, I’m Kramer, I’m new here. I’ve a problem. I just want to ask how to chip tuning a gasoline car. I have a Laguna II 2, o suction motor, Best thanks in advance.

jkdelz:
Hi to all, I’m Kramer, I’m new here. I’ve a problem. I just want to ask how to chip tuning a gasoline car. I have a Laguna II 2, o suction motor, Best thanks in advance.

tbh I think the Phillipines is a bit out of area for the tuners on here :wink:

ps. I removed your link too !

so is the Laguna the new Premium or Magnum ? :unamused: