WOW....I Mean Just WOW!

From twitter

Parcel Force lorry falls 30 feet from flyover and lands upside down in Reading, Berkshire UK
Photos copyright Ivan Barefield

The driver walked away without serious injury.

getreading.co.uk/news/

Sent from my mobile.

Friday afternoon, I wonder if he had just told the boss he only had one drop off left.

Just goes to show those railings are really only to stop pedestrians falling over the edge. They don’t do a lot else.

Good job there’s no fragile and this way up labels on the box

At first glance I thought the photo was photoshopped and done for a laugh [emoji43]

When do the CSI TNUK comments start ?

Any bets who is the first to state it’s an EE agency driver ?

Grumpy Dad:
When do the CSI TNUK comments start ?

Any bets who is the first to state it’s an EE agency driver ?

Australian Driver. :laughing:

One way to avoid bridge strikes

Good to see the driver was relatively unharmed.
Can you all imagine the thoughts as he went over the edge? At that point it was quite likely to have looked like a cab first impact, with all the truck following…!

almost as bad as this in brighton the other day

van 2#.jpg

van.jpg

I wonder if vosa found some way to do him for tacho or insecure load?

Every time I cross that high bridge over the tay near Perth, I always imagine there are no railings.
Because, there may as well not be when you cross it in anything bigger that a transit van.

edd1974:
Man dies after driving his van over 60ft cliff and then plummeting on to the road below  | Daily Mail Online
almost as bad as this in brighton the other day

Maybe both drivers thought that suicide could be the better option than another day on multi drop.

( Absolutely no offence meant.Just a bit of black humour ).

ROADRANGER:
Every time I cross that high bridge over the tay near Perth, I always imagine there are no railings.
Because, there may as well not be when you cross it in anything bigger that a transit van.

Friarton bridge … I don’t like that even in a car …

johnteller:
I wonder if vosa found some way to do him for tacho or insecure load?

^
id imagine the first charge would be " headlight beam too high"

I probably shouldn’t have, but I laughed when I scrolled down to the first picture in the OP :blush:

Bet the driver thought he was toast.

(Because that always lands upside… ah sod it, never mind.)

Nite Owl:

:smiley:

Maybe initially he was trying Dukes of Hazard style jump to see how many cyclists he could squash, but then he probably thought butter of it and decided to land on the flower beds.

Was sooo lucky not to land the cab on those green boxes or little poles. Rather scary there doesn’t seem to be much damage to the truck which shows how little strength is in those fences.

trevHCS:

Nite Owl:

:smiley:

Maybe initially he was trying Dukes of Hazard style jump to see how many cyclists he could squash, but then he probably thought butter of it and decided to land on the flower beds.

Was sooo lucky not to land the cab on those green boxes or little poles. Rather scary there doesn’t seem to be much damage to the truck which shows how little strength is in those fences.

My first thought when I read the driver survived was “I bet hes still screaming!”