would you?

Would you take a 100pound pay cut a month to have weekends back and more than one day off at xmas and bank hols off?? plus your own truck…, hmmmm

Without a doubt

Definitely. Go for it…

Cheers
Neilf

Im just waiting to hear had and interview/chat today its class two still but will have the chance to move up after ive shown im a good driver and the truck will be an old truck but the same after ive shown i can keep it clean and not damage it i will be moved to a newer one.

The odd night out as well as they are nationwide which would take the money up but im happy to just get my weekends back and bank hols to spend with the family.

If that suits you then go for it as money not everything you need to balance work with family life

As i am on my own it wouldnt make much difference to me in fact I would rather work weekends as roads less busy etc but that suits me

Dan_1986:
Would you take a 100pound pay cut a month to have weekends back and more than one day off at xmas and bank hols off?? plus your own truck…, hmmmm

go for it! i done it last year after doing 50 hour weeks for 7 years leading up to it, and have to say it was the best move i ever made, sometimes i miss the money, but spending more time with the kids and lower stress levels make up for it :wink:

If i’m working some weekends and bank hols if rota’d, which i am, then the extra remuneration had better be a bloody sight more than £100 a month…currently approx 5 grand per year shift premium based on a 48 hour week with 42 to 44 average worked.

I took a 13 grand pay cut :open_mouth: to do want i love doing DRIVING :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dont let other people put you off.

I finally have my life back,weekends off,Christmas off :smiley: :smiley: (this will be the first Xmas for 32years)

all the best

Jackg

If it suites you…then do it, it only you that knows if the pay cut will make a difference to your ‘living/lifestyle’ :sunglasses:

Hi Dan.
Go for the job where you will be happiest and more content but no need for a pay cut. All those extra days off means just 1 day a month at another company through an agency solves the problem and gives you even more experience.

Keep an eye on the drivers hours rules though!

Follow your heart you will only regret not doing it if the chance comes.