Would you?

This was newcastle(i think) at the weekend

Maybe with a magnum :laughing:

No.

Took a few recovery trucks through a few floods, but they were running sealed electrics and high level air intake, so as long as you didn’t stop, you were ok, if you stopped and water got up the exhaust, that wouldn’t be good tbh.

Used to off-road Landy’s and it’s amazing how many little things you miss when you first go through deep water and end up stranded :blush:

heard it’s like it again today. in response to the op’s question, yes after modifying our Scania, ensuring the air intake is adequately submerged or the oil filler cap is accidently left off :laughing: .

That is defo Newcastle on sunday after a "little " bit of rain & yep I was out in it had prob getting home due to the weather only to find snow outside my house

This pic is up by Newcastle civiv centre / handcock museum

For those on my Facebook can have a look at the pics

Central motorway was also closed sunday & today due to flooding which is just off Tyne Bridge

Depends how brave your feeling

Did he/she actually drive into water that deep,or was it a case of a stranded bus that the water then rose over?

i’d give it a go, but only if i was in this.

I would give it ago with some cyclist straped underneath

Sir +:
Did he/she actually drive into water that deep,or was it a case of a stranded bus that the water then rose over?

Could have been the latter as the rain did come down quite quick there was a car stuck under a bridge that I wanted to use on sunday but the water rose that quick it just came over it

THe felling bypasss by Gateshead stadium was closed due to the road coming up behind was the flooded as well

But did get a merc actros thorough ok :wink:

Even if the air intake is high enough a lot of trucks have an air box where the filter is changed by unclipping a metal pan at the bottom that isn’t very high off the ground at all the seal only has to be a tiny bit not airtight and it will ■■■■ in enough water when submerged to wreck the engine.

philgor:
i’d give it a go, but only if i was in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mr_pCrhTkk

What no swim board :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ?

dew:
Depends how brave your feeling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sq0O7zDsYQ

end of video “i forgot about the water coming up” :laughing: