Would you ?

Would you just park truck in middle of no where and just go home.

trans.info/en/hgv-from-forest-298610

There must be more to this?

Couple of times my employer of the period deserved it and a part of me wishes i had, but instead i always left honourably even if they didn’t deserve it and in one case were so childish as not speaking to me once i’d put my notice in, yep seriously :unamused:

Lol, remember picking my old man up from a layby outside Heysham. Not quite on this scale but just dumped the unit. About 10 Yr ago like.

Long ago,my Belgian employer assumed that my 2 week holiday back in the UK for Christmas was of no concern and gave me work to keep me busy in south eastern France and Switzerland for 2 weeks.He expressed disbelief when i told him that my car would not be in the company park next morning.It wasn’t.his truck was parked in the Centre Routier,Mulhouse and I took my full holiday and returned to work on schedule.The boss wasn’t too happy but you have to get them trained.

fingermissing:

Seems pretty straightforward to me. The guy got stuck in a forest after getting lost. Rather than admitting his error, he just abandoned it and went home without telling the truck’s owner where it was.

I’ve threatened it a couple of times, but more in the sense of “come get your keys, ram your job” normally as a response to a firm (specifically my old one) trying to fit two pints of work into my one pint glass of willingness.

But it never came to it in the end, a compromise was often found and once they realised I had my own red lines and wouldnt be walked over like a lot of the other tough talking but ultimately weak drivers the situation never arose again and they gave me enough work to keep us both happy.

fingermissing:

Would take some serious ■■■■ for me to consider doing anything like that.

That’s one side of the story. If we could hear the driver’s version, somewhere in the middle we would find the truth.
Those are not the actions anyone would deliver to a decent boss.

Star down under.:
That’s one side of the story. If we could hear the driver’s version, somewhere in the middle we would find the truth.
Those are not the actions anyone would deliver to a decent boss.

I’m not too sure about that mate. Over the years I’ve worked with two or three right royal ■■■■■■■■■ who I reckon were capable of that.

Many years ago, we (co in East London), had a driver in Scotland delivering new m/cycles and the tail lift broke. Phoned it in and was told to handball them off. Driver refused and was told that if it was not unloaded, then he was sacked.
2 days later, he walked into the office and handed in the keys. Told the co. that as he was sacked, he was no longer insured to drive the truck so it was parked outside the shop in Scotland.

Santa:

fingermissing:

Seems pretty straightforward to me. The guy got stuck in a forest after getting lost. Rather than admitting his error, he just abandoned it and went home without telling the truck’s owner where it was.

This ^^^^^

Depends on the circumstances. Not saying I wouldn’t do it but not done it yet. I’ve come back to the yard when sleeping at another depot and got into a totally unnecessary argument with some miserable ■■■■■ at the depot and I just gave her the keys and said get another driver to put it on the bay. Emptied my truck and went home.

I worked at one place once where one of our stores had a really crappy loading bay. Was originally serviced by a rigid truck then they decided they wanted it done by an artic. It can be done of course but it’s not an easy reverse. I’ve turned up there quite a few times and the driver before me has given up and they’ve opted to unload off the back via forklift rater than use the loading bay.

Well, one xmas an agency driver turned up, spent over an hour trying to get on the bay, failed miserably and did a runner leaving the truck in the middle of the yard :smiley:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Many years ago, we (co in East London), had a driver in Scotland delivering new m/cycles and the tail lift broke. Phoned it in and was told to handball them off. Driver refused and was told that if it was not unloaded, then he was sacked.
2 days later, he walked into the office and handed in the keys. Told the co. that as he was sacked, he was no longer insured to drive the truck so it was parked outside the shop in Scotland.

I reckon they were lucky that he handed in the keys, rather than leave them with the motor. Good on him.

Jimmy Squibb had a driver disagreement, the driver left the Truck and Trailer on the linkspan of Townsend Thoresen in Portsmouth, and threw the keys in the oggin then apparently got on the same boat to France never to be heard of again. :laughing: :laughing:

Back in the 70’s it was hear off quite often, especially the truck being left in a Foreign Country, but not the actual location.

Had a situation at a clients address where they blocked me in and refused to let me leave. This was after 1.5 hours of garbage from them about how they couldnt put cones out as per the risk assesment etc etc while trying to quote the same risk assesment to me.

Told them that if they didnt release me(they put a collegues car behind the truck so i couldnt leave) by a certain time with the paperwork signed i was going. Just simply took my card out and walked home (i lived about a mile away) and thats what idid. Unfortunatly it was my second drop and i had another 20 cages of frozen foodin the back and forgot to turn the fridge back on. It was nearly 4 hours before my company rang me so i fuess it was a good 3.5 hours before the store rang the company.

Santa:

fingermissing:

How could he tell gaffer “where it was” if he was lost there in the first place? :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused:

If a tree fell in that forest, “Did it make a sound” if no one was there to hear it?