Would you take this job?

So have had my class 2 for about 6 months

I’m in a call centre type job about £22kpa I don’t like it one fxxxx bit

So fire a few cvs out no surprise really only a couple answered skip hire, removals and a few Indian cash and carrys (one of these offered me under minimum wage got told were to go in no uncertain terms)

Anyway couple of interviews this week all good so far

So turn up to one (removals) and they say how long have you got tell them a couple of hrs they throw me the keys to a rough old 18t DAF and tell me go pick up xyz 30 miles up the road. So I do, return to base all good they say they want me to start and so on…

Now is it a case of go for it right time right place or should I have concerns namely…

1.) they didn’t know me from Adam handed me keys and perhaps more importantly sent me out to represent them without even a basic interview
2.) lack of organisation I know firms can get in a pickle .but if this is a regular thing why not train a forking up to cover emergency shifts (in my old warehouse job I wasn’t a regular fork but 2 or 3 of us had ticket in case of illness etc)
3.) they haven’t put an offer in writing so I reckon I’m right in holding off on telling my current boss where to stick his sales figures for now
4.) for nights out no sleeper cab across the seats or in the back :open_mouth:
Pay is £8ph for first 37 hrs 10-12 after plus decent night out money

So should I man up or be cautious?..

Overlap the jobs. Go sick from your current job, and use up your holiday. This would give you a buffer of a few days and weeks to see if it’s as it seems. If this new firm turn out to be frey bentos door openers after all, then there will be “bother” with getting your first wages of course… But at least you will find this out without having burned your bridges in your current job in the meantime. :wink:

Christ no.
Who in their right mind wants to sleep across the seats after ■■■■■■■ stuff around all day. + sleeping in the back is ok as long as there’s room and the stuff don’t smell.
Oh where’s your number 2 and 3 gonna be sleeping :open_mouth:

Nice and cosy eh :wink:

I wouldn’t do removals if they paid for a hotel every night.

The fact you are having to ask us this question suggests to me you already know the answer to this…

Run forrest run in the other direction , I get £8.50 hr and a proper sleeper cab

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

£22K ain’t so bad for sitting on your ■■■■ all day. :wink:
To earn significantly more on class 2,you will almost certainly have to graft for it :frowning:

PS.Did they pay you for your little jaunt ?

Will you be dossing down in an old lorry in the winter as well,I wouldnt fancy that.You may be getting less pay and a much reduced standard of living.

Baggie yes they paid me on the spot

Hard to measure with the fact that there’s so many on here that can’t get a shout due to no 2 yr experience thing

Sounds like summink outa the sixties to me. “Any fear of a job guv” "when can ya start ? “now alright ?” “Okay, see that old ■■■■■■ in the corner, leaning over to one side ? take that to Middlesborough (from London) drop and then re load for Connahs Quay, then give us a ring. Oh by the way, the heater’s getting fixed next week along with the brakes and steering” “what about me wages ?” “We’ll sort that out when ya get back.”