Would you like to know

… just what the sanitary conditions are like behind the shops and supermarkets you shop at?

OK, we had a very good response to the "worst (and best) RDCs but it’s mostly confined to our forum… so…

Most of us have camera 'phones. How about we start posting tastefull pics of the worst (and if they exist, best) facilities provided behind these places then use them on a Facebook campaign to tell the great British Public just what lies behind the shop front?

Would Joe Public be happy knowing that some of the food he eats has been in store at places where the bogs resemble a hole in the ground with no hand washing facilities and no regular cleaning schedule?

Just a thought…

:smiling_imp: cool, I’m gonna keep an eye open.

What exactly are you after though - minging store rooms loading bays etc or do you mean driver facilities?

I think this thread is on about hand washing facilities in the toilet areas aswell as the lavi itself…I have heard that facebook is going to be charging around £20 for membership…anyone else heard this rumour :question: :question:

The facility’s would be OK if the dirty scumbag lorry drivers kept them clean in the first place! :confused:

There is a major place in the Midlands who have had to lock their own toilets because their own staff have broken them by standing on the seats. They are kept locked, and checked after each use now. hope for the employment figures in West Brom as a ■■■■■■■■■ inspector.

It isn’t a manufacturer of food but every food manufacturer uses them

Mad dan:
I think this thread is on about hand washing facilities in the toilet areas aswell as the lavi itself…I have heard that facebook is going to be charging around £20 for membership…anyone else heard this rumour :question: :question:

I think this is just a rumour that is going around. Face book makes money through advertising, and is very effective, look on the right of any facebook page you are on and adverts will be there, and will generally be the sort of things you would be looking for, they gather information about you through your use of the site, and target spesifice adverts for you. If they started charging most FB users would just move over to Twitter or one of the many other free social networks, and facebook would disapear as quickly as it arrived

Mad dan:

I was told by a driver the other day that if you put cd’s in the windscreen it can stop them charging you as it reflects the sattelite not sure how true it is though :wink:.

Koop:
The facility’s would be OK if the dirty scumbag lorry drivers kept them clean in the first place! :confused:

Where do you get off calling drivers “scumbags?” Are you a driver? When did you last run a bog brush round the pan?

Well, no. If the facilities were maintained to the same standard as the office workers bog instead of the bog wallah saying,“I’m not cleaning that mess up!” therefore not doing his/her job then things may just improve. (This presumes there is a bog wallah!)

My point was more to the fact the public know little, ( even care less ) about the back of a store or storage facility regarding the risk of infection being transmitted to the goods on sale. Witness the foul smelling compactors!

Q. Would you buy food from a store with filthy bogs like this? Name and shame on Facebook etc.

It’s a vain attempt to get the public on our side regarding OUR facilities.

As I say, just a (forlorn?) thought.

Looking ahead, do we think things may inprove if there is a shortage of drivers come 2014 and facilities have to improve to bring drivers in?

JISL to ESL:
Where do you get off calling drivers “scumbags?” Are you a driver? When did you last run a bog brush round the pan?

Yes i’m a driver, best part of 25 years thank you!

Last time i ran a bog brush around a pan was last weekend just gone, at home.

I call them scumbags because the majority are…I’ve asked to use toilets at RDC’s, and to find them covered in pss and sht. Only drivers use that room.

I’ve been in “drivers” toilets in many warehouses storing food stuffs, and because some drivers are held prisoner at these places they take it out on the poor facility’s. Some of these facility’s that are provided for us “drivers” i wouldn’t let my dog use.

Not just places that store our food, MSA’s, Truckstops are the same, only one person to blame here…“scumbag” lorry drivers!!

Only happens in this country! :frowning:

He has a point. The car park at MSA’s don’t smell of ■■■■, but the truck park does. Now do you really think all the sneaky car drivers run over and ■■■■ by the trucks?

Not forgetting - of course - that those living in glass houses shouldn’t be throwing stones.

A similar Facebook group can be set up with disgusting habits that truck drivers have. Urinating against the wheel of a trailer with no hand washing facilities to be seen. Using clean toilet facilities and then walking off without washing their hands. Looking at the state of shared vehicles and the shear laziness of the person that used it last to remove rubbish from it.

I can go on…