Would you leave over this

What he’s not telling you is that as an agency driver at stobart he will input his start and finish times himself through their app, Joined Up. They do not use tacho times to pay, only to question discrepancy.

He will also have a timesheet signed by office staff at time of actual finish, the last thing you do after giving your keys in.

It is the Joined Up system that rounds up or down to the nearest 15 minutes and it’s only flagged up by stobart themselves if there is a discrepancy or no timesheet to verify, and they will then query it with the agency.

So he either did not get his timesheet signed, or took the puss and sat in his car for 20 mins before inputting finish time to Joined Up.

Either way, still a troll

idrive:
What he’s not telling you is that as an agency driver at stobart he will input his start and finish times himself through their app, Joined Up. They do not use tacho times to pay, only to question discrepancy.

He will also have a timesheet signed by office staff at time of actual finish, the last thing you do after giving your keys in.

It is the Joined Up system that rounds up or down to the nearest 15 minutes and it’s only flagged up by stobart themselves if there is a discrepancy or no timesheet to verify, and they will then query it with the agency.

So he either did not get his timesheet signed, or took the puss and sat in his car for 20 mins before inputting finish time to Joined Up.

Either way, still a troll

And he’ll still be there next week he loves it

DCPCFML:
No, not 12 minutes. 32 minutes, which is taking the ■■■■ to fill in an end mileage on your sheet, eject card, collect bag, lock wagon, walk to office, download card, hand in keys and paperwork and leave. It’s 5 minutes, tops.

You’re not factoring in that he’s undoubtedly on a night out, so no walking to the office etc.

Speaking personally I’ll round up to the nearest quarter of an hour, whether that be 5 minutes or 15 minutes, I do my paperwork and also a walk around before clocking off.

Years ago, when I was an agency driver, I used to do a lot of shifts at Salvesson Evesham. When I finished I would write up a timesheet and put the finish time forward to the end of the next quarter of an hour.

One evening I pulled my card at 22:45 and took my sheet in 5 minutes later with a finish time of 23:00. The clerk refused to sign it and changed it back to 22:45.

I phoned the agency the next day and told them not to send me there again, ever.

^^^
Once had an obnoxious office hag,for NFT…try to sign me out at quarter past,when it was gone 25 past.(on their clock)

Was just about to let rip,when somebody from further up the office intervened…and signed me out at half past.

Agency Supermarket. Arrive gate. Put lorry and trailer through automatic wash. Park on fuel pump. Walk to office, bypass queueing drivers handing in paperwork & get fuel pump key. Refuel lorry & fridge. Return Key. Drive round site & unload recycling. Park where able & walk to office to hand in paperwork and get trailer parking instructions. Return to vehicle and park trailer on required bay or on trailer park, set fridge if required. Drive to main parking area, if full up drive to additional parking at extreme opposite side of site. Walk back to office & download card, hand in keys, map and debrief if asked. Some tasks in different order according to queues for wash, desk or fuel pump. Always allow up to 45 minutes. Mostly same procedure mid shift if changing vehicles .

Ah yes, the annual Dozy “I’m leaving” post.

Wonder what will catch him out this time - a photo taken from his truck showing his wingmirror and Stobart livery, or perhaps a generic Spanish apartment photo from Google where he was “apparently” moving too!

But he’s not a troll, honest …

Santa:
Years ago, when I was an agency driver, I used to do a lot of shifts at Salvesson Evesham. When I finished I would write up a timesheet and put the finish time forward to the end of the next quarter of an hour.

One evening I pulled my card at 22:45 and took my sheet in 5 minutes later with a finish time of 23:00. The clerk refused to sign it and changed it back to 22:45.

I phoned the agency the next day and told them not to send me there again, ever.

I don’t know how long you’ve been doing the job but there used to be a company in Calverley in Leeds called MacFarlane’s. There was a guy there who used to do the same to agency drivers. I’ll always remember his name (Richard) even though it’s about 30 years ago now. He was an absolute ■■■■■■ for it and would cross out the time on your time sheet and knock 15 mins off as if the money was coming out of his pocket :unamused: . Had numerous arguments over it, usually caused by standing at the ■■■■■■■ window for 15 mins and everyone in the office ignoring you.

I got my own back as I filled in a time sheet with an erasable biro one time, got him to sign it then once I’d submitted that week’s time sheet I got my rubber out, blanked the top half of the time sheet, ran off about 50 photocopies and then used my own pre-signed time sheets every week after that and even added some days I hadn’t even been in :laughing: . Never had any comeback!

Since the days of first leaving school, it has always been 15 minute increments, if you clocked in at 8.02 you were paid from 8.15, if you clocked out at 17.34 you were paid until 17.45

It remained the same after tachographs were introduced, the clock machine was the paymaster general.

Wheel Nut:
Since the days of first leaving school, it has always been 15 minute increments, if you clocked in at 8.02 you were paid from 8.15, if you clocked out at 17.34 you were paid until 17.45

It remained the same after tachographs were introduced, the clock machine was the paymaster general.

Must be an English thing, every job I’ve had up here has been round up to the next half hour, ie 8:05 = paid till 8:30, when I worked for Slam it was a culture shock to clock off at 15 min increments :open_mouth:

Yes Dozy I’d leave if they docked my pay and you should to - but you won’t.
15 - 20 minutes at most that said how long does it take to get your paperwork together and sling a set of keys into an office ?
If they only pay for 15 minutes after you pop the card make sure your out the gate by then - if they want to faf around with driver debreifs tell them your not being paid , bye bye .

alternative thread title: would you leave your company, to join the one shes working at?

:laughing: