Would you do 50 or 40mph?

Cant be bothered to wade through the 50,000 page topic on this a while back so thought as it confused the hell out of me about whats classed a dual carriageway and the “divider” i ask, simple answer required is all…

on this road in your truck,road marked as a DC ( as in DC AHEAD etc) with a traffic cop behind you,.

would you do 40 or 50mph?

would the traffic car tug you if did the posted limit?

cheers

Cruise Control:
Cant be bothered to wade through the 50,000 page topic on this a while back so thought as it confused the hell out of me about whats classed a dual carriageway and the “divider” i ask, simple answer required is all…

on this road in your truck,road marked as a DC ( as in DC AHEAD etc) with a traffic cop behind you,.

would you do 40 or 50mph?

50, no reason not to.

Cruise Control:
would the traffic car tug you if did the posted limit?

Shouldn’t do. Unless it’s a copper who is a little confused about the regulations. Might pull you if you dawdle along at 40 because he might think you have something to hide.

Coffeeholic:
50, no reason not to.

good, thats what i hoped you’d say. thankyou.

I’d do 50 aswell.

on that bit in the picture 50, there is a physical divide the two directions of traffic and no sign stating a lower limit.

The grass says its a dc.

Although if you’re driving and taking the pic then in the UK we drive on the left, best not to kill anyone?

schrodingers cat:
The grass says its a dc.

Although if you’re driving and taking the pic then in the UK we drive on the left, best not to kill anyone?

Don’t worry. I’ve not seen a camera that adds the Google Streetview icons to pictures, yet. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

56 :smiling_imp:

50 if iam behind on time and 40 if iam short on cash and need more hours

I’d pull the fuse and do 75

4whatitsworth:

Under normal circumstances I would agree, but with a traffic cop car behind you? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

4whatitsworth:

Under normal circumstances I would agree, but with a traffic cop car behind you? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Never look in the mirrors :wink:

schrodingers cat:
The grass says its a dc.

It’s a rear facing camera - did you notice the cars behind? :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:
I’d pull the fuse and do 75

:laughing:
On one of the good old fashioned proper motors but some say that the limiter is programmed into the engine ECU on all the electric controlled ones these days so 85-90 kmh it has to be. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

The Sarge:

schrodingers cat:
The grass says its a dc.

It’s a rear facing camera - did you notice the cars behind? :open_mouth:

To be more precise it was probably something like this:

So, that’ll be a rear facing camera then :stuck_out_tongue:

The Sarge:
So, that’ll be a rear facing camera then :stuck_out_tongue:

No, that is an omni-facing camera :wink:

Out of interest, why would you think you would have to do 40! If you read the requirements for speed limits for HGV/LGV (depending how old you are) it states clearly on what roads you can do 30, 40, 50 and Motorway speeds. I noticed an interesting event the other day after these high winds, on a road where the limit went from 30 to 40 and visa versa in the other direction, the wind had turned the two signs on one side of the road so the sign to enter the 30 limit now read 40, wonder if you would get away with that one in court! Cheers Franky.

No Franky it’s a fair question. I suspect the OP’s confusion is over what constirutes a “divider”; as I understand it a strip of grass will suffice, there is no need for a metal barrier.

The classic case of confusion on this bit of law was on the A556, where there are 4 lanes (2 each way) but only a double white line dividing the two; there were documented cases of HGV’s getting pulled there, the drivers being under the mistaken impression that it was a dual carriageway whereas in fact it ain’t.