Would you be done - missing 7.5 t signs?

Okay your out of area, you hit the stupid lights at Rushall,Bosty Lane, Lichfield Road, Station Road the ones by the Mcdonalds and the photo place - you turn left out toward Leamore (Station Road)… you then suddenly see a 7.5 t max limit sign… no other warning.

Now this place used to be a hanunt of mine in my younger days “the hope and group” to name one of my locals… so I popped back to day in the car. Coming out of Leamore - toward the lights not a single prohibitive sign.

Now if you were stopped -what would be done.

Oh and whilst I am on, the bloody traffic lights coming up to junct 10 - I nearly missed one set cause you just can’t see them, the lights have those slats on, and if the car in front had not have stopped well you would be scraping me up off the road at this very moment in time .

I would guess that if relevant signs were missing you’d have a defence against any prosecution.

Weight limit signs need to be clearly marked as you enter the road.
There have been plenty of times I have joined a road only to get to the end of it and see the weight limit end sign.
Provided you can prove where you joined it doesn’t have a sign then I can’t see you can be done for it.

Has anyone on here ever been done for being in a weight limit when they didn’t know they were in one?

Take pics of what you perceive to be the site of the signs asap, and if you get an NIP, then mount your defence with the evidence.

Ken.

I know the road you mean, there used to be a big haulier down there at one time - Guymers Transport I think, I believe there is just houses there now, not sure on the signs but I am surprised there is not a weight limit all along that road. Crap area as I remember :wink:

As you have noticed the situation I sugest you point it out to the local authorities.
On US4 in Vermont there is length limit through the town of Woodstock. For years there was no warning signs untill you entered the town which is about 30 miles past Killington (the point of no return). Drivers ignored the right to complain and and so got tickets constantly. It took me comming over here and writting to the town of Woodstock telling them that if I were to get a ticket for the offence I would attend court and bring a good lawyer because there was no warning signs at Killington, I did get an appology and a month later very large signs were errected at the Killington intersection.

They are having a purge around us, because of the gentlemen who normally drive new Transit vans and keep dags have been borrowing the street furniture. There was an article in the paper to see if locals are annoyed about the recorded load speaker voices too.

Old Iron, Rag, Bone! Bring out your dead!

Wheel Nut:
They are having a purge around us, because of the gentlemen who normally drive new Transit vans and keep dags have been borrowing the street furniture. There was an article in the paper to see if locals are annoyed about the recorded load speaker voices too.

Old Iron, Rag, Bone! Bring out your dead!

Around here it’s an effin trumpet or bugle or whatever on a loop - time and time and time again, and they have started to use vans instead of pickups, like no one will know who they are :unamused:

And they have started to use horse and carts again, loads of people complaining to the council about it - I suppose they will do F all! :imp:

Essexboy:
Weight limit signs need to be clearly marked as you enter the road.
There have been plenty of times I have joined a road only to get to the end of it and see the weight limit end sign.
Provided you can prove where you joined it doesn’t have a sign then I can’t see you can be done for it.

Has anyone on here ever been done for being in a weight limit when they didn’t know they were in one?

yes in class 2 went down a road no markings or signs got to bottom and then bang road signs just happened to see a police car and stopped I took police back to show no signs at the point I entered road police apologised and told me they were gonna inform relevant people to get signs put up in said place.

You must have missed the sign on the Litchfield Rd:

maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=WS4+1JW … 14.99,1,0

Cheers Blue nose - I was coming accross from Daw End, so now really entriged will go back for another nosey. You would think Station Road would have the prohibitive signs on as you attempt to enter it anyway, bloody horrid turn. Those railings looked on their last legs

Coming from Daw End it is signed also:

Went back today - do I feel a T w @ t or what!

“should av gone to spec savers” is all I ve had off the kids

cheers lads - well and truely feel like a 2nd class ■■■■■■ !

Jenson Button:

cheers lads - well and truely feel like a 2nd class [zb] !

Don’t put yourself down - you are at least a 1st class ■■■■ :smiling_imp: :smiley:

Jenson Button:

cheers lads - well and truely feel like a 2nd class [zb] !

are you not going to be the appointed driver trainer at daddys firm :smiley: :smiley:

That’s a nice way for examiners to fail you as well, at the lights go straight over but it would be the B4154 and not the weight restriction.

Thank /god it wasnt a low bridge sign… :slight_smile: :blush:
Defo 2nd class ■■■■■■ as I aint good enough to be a 1st class one !ay
You never know if I carry on reading signs I may manage not to get lost o :grimacing: ne day too !