Would you adam n eve it!

my mate run’s four trucks 3 105’s 1 scania v8 all singing n dancing pay’s £30 k a year yet the drivers moan about doing nights out in these economic times they rarley have to do nights out but work is scarce so me mate went and found some yet it involve’s four/five nights out a week what you think ■■?

sack them, then get some proper drivers.

Here here Limey Phil. All they do is moan …There meant to be Lorry Drivers and that job entails nights out. next they will be moaning cos they have taken Poles on who are prepared to have nights out. Lorry drivers today …there a joke

unreal…anyone who finds themselves in any decent sort of employment in these times should count their blessings.im just still thankful im earning,many arent.

I really dont understand it. I have 4/5 nights out a week. This involves sleeping in my Modern Truck with TV , Laptop , night heater , tea and cooking facilites. Telephone, loads of space. Perhaps were a dying breed who understands what haulage is and what it involves.Suppose the answer is if you dont want nights out dont drive a truck…seemples

limeyphil:

and here lies the answer :wink:

same old story they all wont the big all singing all dancing truck but do not wont to do the work that it entails. I myself would prefer to be home at night and some weeks i am but again if it means 5 nights out so be it. In these times you have to go with the flow

Just to put a different perspective on things, I’ve been doing regular nights away, but just now can’t seem to get them, the guys who couldn’t or wouldn’t do them for the last ten months suddenly want them now that crimbo is upon us :confused: . So what does the gaffer do? Yep, he bows down and lets them carry on. :imp: :imp: :imp:

whisky:
my mate run’s four trucks 3 105’s 1 scania v8 all singing n dancing pay’s £30 k a year yet the drivers moan about doing nights out in these economic times they rarley have to do nights out but work is scarce so me mate went and found some yet it involve’s four/five nights out a week what you think ■■?

I do 4/5 nights out in my CF85 410 :blush: …what the hell is wrong with some drivers :imp: :imp: :imp:

i am looking for nights the more the better and dont need 30k a year give us his no if he is up north :smiley:

limeyphil:

Oh I get it. Drivers are resistant to changes in their terms and conditions that they may have been on for years so they should be sacked and replaced?
People on here complain how badly drivers are treated compared to other industries yet a few posters on this thread are advocating exactly that. People in other lines of work strike for less. BA, London Fire Brigade?
These drivers have a right to complain without being sacked, thankfully we have laws against it.

Well you could always find a better job elsewhere of course… oh hang on wait a minute… :unamused:

MikeCunn:

limeyphil:

Oh I get it. Drivers are resistant to changes in their terms and conditions that they may have been on for years so they should be sacked and replaced?
People on here complain how badly drivers are treated compared to other industries yet a few posters on this thread are advocating exactly that. People in other lines of work strike for less. BA, London Fire Brigade?
These drivers have a right to complain without being sacked, thankfully we have laws against it.

Oh puuuuuulllllleeeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeee!!!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Bit over the top aint it■■?
Ok fair enough i don’t know the type of work they do but “all singin all dancin” suggests they probably do tramping/long distance work now and then.
Nights out is par for the course…if you don’t wanna do nights out go work for Tesco/Sainsbury/Morrisons/Asda.
And besides a small operator has to go where the work is which clearly this guy has had to do.
Terms and conditions my Arse…nal :open_mouth:

I personally would swap my CF85 and £25000 a year doing 4/5 nights a week out on the continent for a 105 or V8 scania and £30000

People always think the grass is greener on the other side but more often than not it aint…especially with Christmas coming

MikeCunn:

limeyphil:

Couldnt agree more with you Mike,the drivers on here have all said "what are they moaning about i do 4/5 nights out a week ".
Yeah good for you lot,maybe these blokes have got young families and were taken on knowing theyd be home every night,theyl probably roll with it anyway cos theyl have no choice ,but i dont see why they should be pilloried for letting him know they are not happy about it.

calebs gramps:

MikeCunn:

limeyphil:

Couldnt agree more with you Mike,the drivers on here have all said "what are they moaning about i do 4/5 nights out a week ".
Yeah good for you lot,maybe these blokes have got young families and were taken on knowing theyd be home every night,theyl probably roll with it anyway cos theyl have no choice ,but i dont see why they should be pilloried for letting him know they are not happy about it.

If you got a young family change your career :wink:

I could relate back to trucks,wages,conditions 40yrs ago but would get all the usual bunf about moving on,progress,and getting a life,so all i,ll say is,you older ones know what i mean and think themselves lucky etc.etc.etc.
regards dave.

RIPPER:
I personally would swap my CF85 and £25000 a year for a 105 or V8 scania and £30000

So would I. Doesn’t mean the OP’s mate should sack them cos their work is changing to nights out. Ok, so ‘most’ people here say nights out are par for the course of driving a truck. Not if you’ve been working there for a few years without doing any, it’s a big life change going from home every night to Tramping.
I come across loads of truck drivers daily and I’d say maybe 10-20% are Trampers. So par for the course it isn’t.

So, works drying up and these drivers are faced with possible redundancy. Boss finds work and now their jobs are secure, but it involves nights out, the drivers moan about this? Seriously, would they prefer the dole? FFS. Get a grip, or get a differant job.

if you dont want nights out drive a rigid on pallet network crap. if you want a top bollock motor you have to expect nights out. Truck drivers do nights out its part of the job (and in my contract) if you dont like it stack shelves. Im 32 and grew up around transport its what it is if you dont like it dont do it. Just dont winge about it.

jimmi:
if you dont want nights out drive a rigid on pallet network crap. if you want a top bollock motor you have to expect nights out. Truck drivers do nights out its part of the job (and in my contract) if you dont like it stack shelves.

You seem to be missing the point. These drivers have ‘top bollox’ motors already and probably don’t want the life change that Tramping will bring. It’s no good saying it’s all part of driving a truck because it hasn’t been for these drivers at this company. Also you say it’s in your contract, that’s the key point. It’s probably not in theirs, and if it is, then tough ■■■■ for them.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d do their job in a heartbeat, nights out included, but if I took a job where I was home every night then was expected to Tramp, I’d also have something to say and wouldn’t expect to be sacked.

jimmi:
Im 32 and grew up around transport its what it is if you dont like it dont do it. Just dont winge about it.

I’m 31 and have grown up with my dad in transport, so what? He was home every night.