Would this be a pass (eyesight)

Hi all,

new to the forum and my plan is to pass my class 2 this year. i have my medical next thursday, i was really worried about my eye sight so went for an eye test yeserday before i bothered forking out for the medical. these were my results

uncorrected
good eye 6/9 - bad eye 6/12-1

corrected
6/6-6/6

the opthometrist filled my results out for me but afterwards when i got home it says they wont accept a snellen of (+) or (-) in the result and the doc has put 6/12(-) 1 on the form. 2 questions. is my eyesight good enough and will the dvla send the form back for putting that minus in there ■■

thanks

in ireland yes uk not sure , it that helps

from a google search 6/6 equates to 20/20 is that correct ? im confused already and im only at the first stage of this process :laughing: :laughing:

yes 6/6 is 20/20 , im 6/6 in one eye and 6/12 in the other and have glasses on my licence

If in doubt get specs. I got my first pair for £20 and they’ve lasted me nearly 4 years, still going strong too.

I’m able to pass the eyesight test to drive a car without them, even though I have 01 on my licence but I wouldn’t now. The difference is huge.

Even get a cheap pair of specs to see how you feel about them.

anyone know about how the optician has filled in my d4 ?

BigRob25:
Hi all,

new to the forum and my plan is to pass my class 2 this year. i have my medical next thursday, i was really worried about my eye sight so went for an eye test yeserday before i bothered forking out for the medical. these were my results

uncorrected
good eye 6/9 - bad eye 6/12-1

corrected
6/6-6/6

the opthometrist filled my results out for me but afterwards when i got home it says they wont accept a snellen of (+) or (-) in the result and the doc has put 6/12(-) 1 on the form. 2 questions. is my eyesight good enough and will the dvla send the form back for putting that minus in there ■■

thanks

Yeah that’s fine. Had mine done today and had a cataract done 5 weeks ago and My bad eye is only 6/12 uncorrected. As long as you can make 6/60 bad eye and 6/75 good eye when wearing glasses you are fine.