Would like some help, much appareciated

Hi there probably not the right time to introduce myself as I’ve been on these forums for quiet a while and never posted till now, just need abit of help and advice regarding POA.
I started at 3:00am this morning, drove to around 5:45 and then I unfortunately broke down and stayed on other work till 5:50 then the office told me to put it on POA until the recovery truck got here. So I pressed poa from around 5:50 till about 7:20.
. couple of questions I’ve got for you guys will be much appreciated.

1. Does POA effectively pause time? Ina since where it prolongs my 6hour rule up until you need to take a break? So… 3:00 (6hour rule) till 9:00 but because of POA takes me to 10:20 before I need a break? So (add the time spent on POA ontop of 6hours)
    Also I noticed my drive time got reset as soon as I took it off POA and drove back to the Volvo garage? How come? Is that counted as me having a break or do I need to still take one before 10:25?
    Thanks ever so much, apologies for bad grammar etc

NWM:
Hi there probably not the right time to introduce myself as I’ve been on these forums for quiet a while and never posted till now, just need abit of help and advice regarding POA.
I started at 3:00am this morning, drove to around 5:45 and then I unfortunately broke down and stayed on other work till 5:50 then the office told me to put it on POA until the recovery truck got here. So I pressed poa from around 5:50 till about 7:20.

1. Does POA effectively pause time? Ina since where it prolongs my 6hour rule up until you need to take a break? So… 3:00 (6hour rule) till 9:00 but because of POA takes me to 10:20 before I need a break? So (add the time spent on POA ontop of 6hours)
    Also I noticed my drive time got reset as soon as I took it off POA and drove back to the Volvo garage? How come? Is that counted as me having a break or do I need to still take one before 10:25?

Yes it stops the clock for the 6 hour rule.

The taco reads poa as break so resets your time but it is not a break and you still need to take one

Use break instead of POA - that way the software does not get confused :bulb: :question:

ROG:
Use break instead of POA - that way the software does not get confused :bulb: :question:

That’s fine so long as your not deducted breaks rog

kcrussell25:

ROG:

Just book ‘Other Work’ …job sorted.
Why bother booking POA at all? :neutral_face:

I use POA to my own advantage when required. 99% of the time other work or break is best used.

robroy:

kcrussell25:

ROG:

To keep your 17 or 26 week 48 hour average hours down. Other work counts. Break/poa doesn’t

kcrussell25:

robroy:

kcrussell25:

ROG:

To keep your 17 or 26 week 48 hour average hours down. Other work counts. Break/poa doesn’t

It was a rhetorical question tbh mate. :neutral_face:

Way I see it is when we actually ARE working a 48 hour week, or even sensible Century 21 hours, and not making it LOOK as if we are falsely, for pr/kidology or whatever ■■■■ reason, only then will I worry about it.
Until then I refuse to play ‘‘Their’’ ■■■■ stupid games.

:blush: sorry missed that :blush:

Well i used to play the game but now i dont since i was stoped money for excessive poa well it dont happen anymore so come Friday its usually a much earlier finish and saturdays are a non starter which to be fair suits me fine

kcrussell25:

robroy:

I’m salaried so there’s no way I want to make it appear I’m working fewer hours. I really don’t want to give the planners any reason to give me the longer runs!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

NWM:

May I suggest a read of the regs and mobile workers working time directive .
I’m sorry but you really should know this .

nick2008:

NWM:

May I suggest a read of the regs and mobile workers working time directive .
I’m sorry but you really should know this .

Got to disagree mate tbh.
It’s up to him I reckon whether or not he feels the NEED to know all this ■■■■■■■■.
I personally don’t mainly because…

A.Lifes too short. :neutral_face:
and.
B. because of the fact that I can’t be arsed to bother, for the reasons I’ve already pointed out.

I know quite a lot of lads who feel exactly the same about all this wtd/poa NON sense.