Would like give continental a go

hi first time poster from the north east would like to give the continent a go , have been doing general haulage for about five years ,I would consider any loacation as a base (I am a biker so no problem geting to work) any info ie firms names etc would be a big help thanks.

welcome to earth luke skywalker,and welcome to trucknet most of the lads that do continental work will be out till fri,so you might get more replies nearier the weekend,keep your eyes on this thread and no doubt you’ll get a few offers,go to the vacancy section a job was on here this morning and he was looking for a driver to do italy,450 per week max 3 drops mostly back door tipping,good luck. :wink:

here’s that job offer

have got a job going gor a 25yo+2yrs exp c+e holder running fron Tilbury doing European work.easy places to find no mulit drops 3 max deliverys mostly out of the back doors If you have no euro exp ill show you.its easy start Sun back Fri although there will be some uk work involved.Derby Lutterworth ect the money is approx £450 take home PAYE
If you can or are willing to leard to drive a lhd motor Graham 07739472471

luke skywalker:
hi first time poster from the north east would like to give the continent a go , have been doing general haulage for about five years ,I would consider any loacation as a base (I am a biker so no problem geting to work) any info ie firms names etc would be a big help thanks.

luke, it might be no problem you getting to work anywhere but what about your clothes for the week (or two), your sleeping bag, wash gear, maps and other equipment you may find useful as a beginner in european truck driving?
i don’t want to put you off but you will probably need a cooker and pots etc to begin with unless you don’t care what you eat and where?

Hello Luke Skywalker, welcome along.

Im not familiar with your neck of the woods, so will leave it for others to comment on your chance of finding continental work locally. Kitkat has mentioned a job in Essex and I think its fair to say that Kent and Essex are the two counties where you are most likely to find work, because of their proximity to mainland Europe.

In Kent, Sealane, Allport and Mike Beer advertise fairly regularly for drivers for continental work. We sometimes have short-term work going and I am happy to let you know if anything turns up.

Obviously it`s a long way from home, and the guys in your position who work down here normally go away for three weeks and then have a week at home.

I will ask around on monday to see if there are any other prospects in which you might be interested.

All the best,

Vince

hello luke. i rang bellgates last week, there at holme upon spalding moor near howden. theres a job going but i didnt take it after a bit of a think. the moneys far from great but the md said he was in the process of putting it up. if you want i`ll pm you the number (the money may put you off tho :wink: ) rgds jon

JB:
hello luke. i rang bellgates last week, there at holme upon spalding moor near howden. theres a job going but i didnt take it after a bit of a think. the moneys far from great but the md said he was in the process of putting it up. if you want i`ll pm you the number (the money may put you off tho :wink: ) rgds jon

Hey up JB,it looks like you have got itchy feet :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

There is a friend of mine at Bellgate, he has been doing Italy for the best part of 30 years and Paul the md has been in the traffic office nearly as long.

The money is not great but its decent conditions and no mad rush, nowadays

itchy feet syndrome strikes again steve :laughing: :laughing: … i saw you parked outside mcdonalds in alfreton the other month but when i came back out in the motor youd gone it was paul i spoke to malc, he seemed a genuine nice bloke and didnt ■■■■■■■■ me either, it was solely the money which stopped me from going. maybe when the rise comes in ill apply again. rgds jon

I didnt really care for any of the north east international hauliers. I used to travel South, London, Kent, Cheltenham etc. (and Peterborough!)
As you will be away for several weeks at a time it doesnt really matter where the yard is. Many hauliers from South, if they have loads to the north, will let you do it then take the wagon home for the weekend (24 hour break!).